Search Unity

Assertion failed, State Machine Behaviour and Object destruction

Discussion in 'VR' started by VincentAtOpuscope, May 7, 2018.

1. VincentAtOpuscope

VincentAtOpuscope

Hello,

Since the 2018.1.1f2 version, we've the following crash under Hololens:

Assertion failed on expression: '(hierarchy.combinedSystemChanged | hierarchy.systemChanged[index]) == (hierarchy.combinedSystemChanged | gHasChangedDeprecatedSystem.Mask())'
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Transform/Transform.cpp Line: 1903)

It occurs when we destroy an instanciated object Object.Destroy(gameObject) in a StateMachineBehaviour.OnStateExit. The StateMachineBehaviour is encapsulated into a dll.

All works fine under the editor with 2018.1.0f2 or the hololens with 2017.2.0.f3.

We've trying to make a simple project that reproduces the issue but if you have any idea to solve it, that could be great.

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Are you deleting a Animated object? Any more information about the project would be awesome.

Also, if you could file a bug with a min repro project would be very helpful.

3. VincentAtOpuscope

VincentAtOpuscope

It's the Canvas that generates the input that switches the state machine. The state machine is linked to another GameObject.

4. VincentAtOpuscope

VincentAtOpuscope

Hi,

After many days, I've got a min repro project. The result is very weird, it combines GameObject.Destroy, Physics.Raycast, Camera.ViewportToWorldPoint and TextMeshPro. The bug occurs also both on Unity 2017.2.0f3 and 2018.1.0f2.

To get the bug, build the project for a hololens and launch the build on a hololens.

Attached Files:

5. StephenHodgson-Valorem

StephenHodgson-Valorem

I think I'm seeing the same issue. 2018.1.2f1

6. VincentAtOpuscope

VincentAtOpuscope