Search Unity

Assertion failed on expression: m_HandleManager.IsValidHandle(renderer.m_Handle)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by TabuuForteAkugun, May 16, 2017.

1. TabuuForteAkugun

TabuuForteAkugun

I tried to post this on Answers but it's been 2 days and they're taking a donkey's age to get it out of moderation.

Basically, I get this error twice in the same scene when it's loaded. And when I try to load that scene from a Standalone build, the game will crash when trying to load it. It's my gameplay test scene, with a Terrain, a few prefabs including my playable character, and an AudioClip. I have 3 lights (2 Directional and a Point for a Sun) and a Fog setting. I tried different versions of Unity: 5.6.0pX, 5.6.1f1. I've been getting it since downloading this new Windows Creators' upgrade in Windows 10. And when I open the logs in NotePad, I get a metric ass-ton of Access Violation errors. Here, I uploaded them in Error Crap.zip

No other scene does this. I even tried creating a new Scene and copying the objects over to it. Same result. I'm ripping my hair out. Nothing seems to work and Answers is too slow at approving my post, so I have no replies. I'm about to punch a hole in the wall with no clues as to what's happening.

Thanks. :)

Attached Files:

21312313123321 likes this.
  2. 21312313123321

I too get this if I have a script that enabled/disabled children of a gameobject who has a SkinnedMeshRender.

No idea how to fix it!

3. 21312313123321

Update:

I managed to fix it by doing the following:

1. Disable your gameobect that has a SkinnedMeshRender via gameobject.SetActive(false)
    2. Activate/Deactivate the children as I did before
    3. Enable the gameobject that has a SkinnedMeshRender via gameobject.SetActive(true)

This has prevented the errors (sadly), hope it helps.

4. IndieFist

IndieFist

Well, i have also reported this bug, still remaining.
    In previous version of Unity you can use it without problems.