Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assertion failed 'jobData->range.numJobs == 1'

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by tarahugger, Aug 8, 2019.

1. tarahugger

tarahugger

I'm seeing this log error and searches are coming up empty for what this could mean.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Assertion failed on expression: 'jobData->range.numJobs == 1'
    2. Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobsUtility:ScheduleParallelFor_Injected(JobScheduleParameters&, Int32, Int32, JobHandle&)
    3. Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobsUtility:ScheduleParallelFor(JobScheduleParameters&, Int32, Int32)
    4. Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions:ScheduleInternal(ReactJob&, EntityQuery, JobHandle, ScheduleMode) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.1.0-preview/Unity.Entities/IJobChunk.cs:141)
    5. Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions:Run(ReactJob, EntityQuery) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.1.0-preview/Unity.Entities/IJobChunk.cs:100)
    It happens to be only about 5% of the time, for an IJobChunk that I'm running, the rest of the ticks it works fine. The message makes no sense to me, why would 'the number of jobs being 1' prevent a new job being scheduled?

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Not sure. Can you try to make it happen more reproducably and file a bug report?

3. tarahugger

tarahugger

I'll do that; I was using Run() in a ComponentSystem update, Switching to a JobComponentSystem and using Schedule() with inputDeps resolved the issue.