Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

"Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 's_AssetProgressBar.dialog"

Discussion in '2017.2 Beta' started by EiknarF, Sep 10, 2017.

1. EiknarF

EiknarF

I'm getting this a lot 2017.2 beta (02 and 10)

"Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 's_AssetProgressBar.dialog"

it makes button unpressable in the editor window, although I can press things in torn off windows on my second screen.

anyone else?

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi Eiknar,
    Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction case and reply in here with the case#?

3. EiknarF

EiknarF

in my simple test I didn't get the error "Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 's_AssetProgressBar.dialog" so actually that may be incorrect.

4. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

A bug-report should contain a project / test-case that Unity Technologies can use to reproduce your issue and test their fix against.

If they do not have a proper reproduce-case, it's unlikely that they're going to fix the issue (from my experience).

5. EiknarF

EiknarF

It's true my bug report was not as complete as it should have been, it's a strange bug as its huge and should be totally noticeable by everyone if it happens for them. It also happened when I dropped the blend file into a brand new project so hence thinking it was ok to just attach the blend file.

Because it seems a strange one I really wanted to know if anyone else was getting the error too, I probably wouldn't make forum posts if the bug is easy reproducible.

QA has been very helpful but still not managed to repro it, if no one else has it too perhaps its a local issue unrelated to unity. I assumed it a combination of things, 1) not drawing the ui and 2) dropbox causing read/write issues making unity error. However closing dropbox doesn't solve the problem.

It's not very clear from what I wrote but the "Assertion failed" error seems to only happen in my main big project, the smaller test ones don't print error messages but my editor enters a state where makes buttons are unpressable in the main window, although I can press things in torn off windows on my second screen, eg a scene view or console.

6. rmorph

rmorph

I also get "Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 's_AssetProgressBar.dialog'" When trying to import Ork Framwork into my unity personal 2017.1.1. Im not sure how to get abetter bug report: I'm not a programmer and just wanted to try the demo. If anyone wants more info message me and tell me what you want me to do ^^

7. EiknarF

EiknarF

Does it stop you pressing buttons in your editor window?