Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'kValidSceneObjectIdentifier == res'

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by jwvanderbeck, Oct 1, 2017.

1. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Since upgrading to this beta from 2017.2 beta, I'm having this weird issue with certain prefabs from many asset packs and even from the Unity Standard Assets.

Not all prefabs but a LOT of them, just selecting them in the project library will cause infinite spamming of this into the console:

Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'kValidSceneObjectIdentifier == res'

This only happens when selecting it in the project library. Interestingly once it is added to a scene, there is no problem.

Anyone have any idea what that might be?

irfanmahmud991 likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi jwvanderbeck,
    Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction case for this issue and reply in here with the case #?

3. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Huh I wasn't thinking of it as a bug so much as a change that required some updates to the assets, and was trying to figure out what that was, but sure I can submit it as a bug report.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

5. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

LOL I literally JUST submitted it, sorry.

6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks! Alternative reproducibles are never a bad thing to have.

7. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

8. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

I've told the devs about the broken link. Should be fixed soon. In the meantime: we have a fix for this issue! It still has to go through QA, but could land as soon as b5.

9. pants-xbox

pants-xbox

The issue is still in b8. Will it be fixed in b9? Is there a workaround?

10. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately not. It still has to be backported. I'll ask the devs for more info on Monday.

11. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Still getting this error on B9

12. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

There are no workarounds for this issue other than using a prior version of Unity. The fix is not going to be in b10. There were merge conflicts that prevented earlier integration which still have to be fixed.

13. Vagrant-VX

Vagrant-VX

Found a workarounds for this issue
    jest uncheck "Auto Generate" checkbox in Lighting Settings

14. Claytonious

Claytonious

Well, sure, if you don't need lightmaps. You get this same assertion error when lightmaps are baked, whether it's via auto or by manually baking. So, still looking forward to the fix.

15. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

Our devs are working on fixing this issue in 2017.3. It should make it in RC1 if everything goes as planned.

16. Rahd

Rahd

having this bug in 2017.3 , so the bug trigger at importing assets from other projects where some prefabs , scripts are missing

17. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Which version are you using? This should be fixed in the latest release. If it still occurs there for you, could you please submit a new bug report with a reproduction project?

18. Rahd

Rahd

not occurring again . thank you :) again it's a minor bug , happens when i export assets from a project , but forget to include the prefabs or scripts . when i import it to the new project that bug keeps going in a loop , closing the project did fix it .