Search Unity

Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'device.IsInsideFrame()'

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by hansonclint, Dec 27, 2017.

1. hansonclint

hansonclint

How to recreate: After getting Octane to render successful a few projects inside fo Unity I dragged my Octane Viewport window over to my second monitor and it then popped off-screen without any reason it seemed. Without any drag handle or windows separate dock icon I could not bring it back easily, and eventually, Unity crashed. Now when I try to open up a new 'Octane->Viewport' it gives the following error..

Assertion failed: Assertion failed on expression: 'device.IsInsideFrame()'

And no viewport loads now. I have tried every possible thing I could think of to reset it. starting from a fresh scene, rebooting my machine, rebooting my machine with only one monitor turned on, playing with different configurations for my display settings, resolution changes, etc. I have been at this for 2-3 hours now, and nothing works. There is only one similar post i could find on the forums and that person never got an answer. This is really making the tool basically unusable for me.

I can load the Octane 'view source' window where there is the node graph editor etc. But I cannot recreate a viewport which I need for my setup as well.

As this is a core part of the octane plugin, I am hoping I can get an answer for how i can reset it. I will even uninstall all of unity and octane if need be, but seeing as that takes quite a bit to do I want to make sure that will also fix it, and i am not wasting my time doing it. Ideally, there would be a way to fix it so that when this check fails in the code...
    'device.IsInsideFrame()'
    then there is a better way to handle that situation than just bailing.

Is there not a way to instead create the window at the 0,0 position again?

But I would also just be happy for a way to fix it on my end, some trick to restore the viewport windows starting position to be inside the frame of one of the monitors again? Is there anything I can do like that?

On another note, WOW, unity rendering to Octane is a great idea, and perfect for a project i am just starting, was hoping it could be the main tool out artist can use, against the traditional render pipelines and game pipelines being nearly completely separate from each other for pre-rendered scenes, etc. This could mean each pipeline is updated immediately rather than having to push data over to the render pipeline, or vice versa. So far looks like it also supports everything, so big fan of the product. Any help to get me going again would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards
    CH

2. hansonclint

hansonclint

Finally after multiple reboots and restarts it finally just fixed itself. Annoying. But if anyone knows how to properly fix this issue I would be totally up for a proper solution. I noticed I was not the only one to encounter it...

3. GameCreator198

GameCreator198

#hansonclint do you think it would work for me

because i have an 32 bit operating system and my unity version is 5.6.6f2 Personal

upload_2019-2-26_16-30-13.png

+++ I have one monitor +++

camisayrobert likes this.
  4. burakaplaaan

burakaplaaan

Did you solve the same problem?