Search Unity

Assert failed when spawning Item_TerraformerWeapon_1 in local/preview mode

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by TheDemiurge, Jan 3, 2019.

1. TheDemiurge

TheDemiurge

I'm running unity 2018.3.0f2, so maybe this is the source of the problem.
    I'm just trying to follow the github step by step, and after opening Level_00 from the project tools window I _should_ be able to just press Play and run around, yes?
    But while spawning the player I get the following error:
    "GAME ASSERT FAILED : No animStateDefinition defined for AnimStateController:Item_TerraformerWeapon_1P(Clone)" (AnimStateController.cs:26)

I've looked at the prefab and there is indeed an AnimGraphAsset assigned, but when looking at the clone in the hierarchy, that field is indeed unassigned. The game's console then stays on screen and I of course can't run around or do much.

Is this because of a change? A bug? Something I'm missing?

2. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Did you re-import the t:models and firstperson scripts?
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/FPSSample :
    NOTE: Due to a bug in Unity 2018.3 beta, you have to take the following steps right after the initial import:
    1. Search for t:model in the Project search field. Select them all, right click and reimport them.
    2. Search for Firstperson_Projection in the Project search field. Select the 4 shaders, right click and reimport them.
    If you did, then you should move up to B12 before further troubleshooting, since as you know, its the supported version.

You could fix this one error, but who knows what else is also broke like this, due to the wrong unity version or whatever is wrong...

GL
    Micah

3. TheDemiurge

TheDemiurge

I did those two things, yes. I figured I'd see if maybe anyone else ran into this, it seems like a weird thing to break between versions when it's just an instantiate.
    I also figured the project itself would get an update now that 2018.3 is actually released.

4. TheDemiurge

TheDemiurge

Just got around to downloading it, can confirm it works in b12. So I guess that's one more version of unity I have installed now...