Search Unity

Bug Assembly nodes are no longer showed in fuzzy finder

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by emilian-s, Apr 11, 2023.

1. emilian-s

emilian-s

Hello.

I'm using UVS 1.7.8 and my scripts are not present in fuzzy finder.
    Not sure what's the issue behind it. I've updated to Windows 11, reinstalled Unity 2022.1.0f1, added the local project in Hub, open the project, and it doesn't work anymore.
    I've tested with Unity 2022.2.14f1 + UVS 1.8.0, same issue.

All previously generated nodes are present in graphs, and they work. But they are no longer displayed by the fuzzy finder. Same issue with newly added scripts.

There aren't any console errors.
    Everything I've previously created with UVS works.

What options do I have?
    Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  2. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

You could try adding the missing nodes as individual types. You could also try to decorate your classes with [IncludeInSettings(true)] attribute and then regen nodes.

3. termway

termway

4. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Updating to 1.8.0 should fix the UnityEditor reference issue. Or perhaps they only fixed it for AOT generation, but not for the fuzzy finder or something.

5. emilian-s

emilian-s

@termway I know about the issue, that's why I refactor my code into assemblies, and updated to 1.7.8.

But you may be right, cause going back to 1.7.6, i have all the proper nodes.
    I think some of the packages i have in my project may include UnityEditor reference. (like UniRX)

I really don't know why it worked for a while with 1.7.8. Maybe I didn't add new scripts, to see they are missing, and 1.7.8 used the 1.7.6 generated nodes.

@PanthenEye 1.8.0 doesn't work either.

For now, i had to go back to 1.7.6 as this issue is keeping me from developing.