Search Unity

'Assembly has reference to non-existent assembly' error on Unity Film Sample package

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by EricVenn, Oct 26, 2018.

1. EricVenn

EricVenn

Hi,

I've just downloaded the Unity Film Sample package, installed it on Unity 2018.2.13f1 version. I have no error in the package manager, but error messages in the console.
    'JSON parse error: The document is empty. (Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/HDRP/Unity.RenderPipelines.HighDefinition.Runtime.asmdef)'

'Assembly has reference to non-existent assembly 'Unity.RenderPipelines.HighDefinition.Runtime' (Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/HDRP/Editor/Unity.RenderPipelines.HighDefinition.Editor.asmdef)

Any idea how to solve the problem ? It would be nice to upgrade the package to a working version...
    Thanks.

2. ar_sardar

ar_sardar

same here, on unity 2018.3

3. tasaif

tasaif

Resolved by adding the High Definition RP package in the Unity Package Manager

4. tonytopper

tonytopper

I got this error for several different packages' asmdef files when going from Unity Editor 2022.3.12f to 2022.3.17f.

In the console:
    Required property 'name' not set (Packages/com.unity.2d.psdimporter/Tests/EditorTests/Unity.2D.Psdimporter.EditorTests.asmdef)
    Required property 'name' not set (Packages/com.unity.2d.psdimporter/Editor/Unity.2D.Psdimporter.Editor.asmdef)
    Required property 'name' not set (Packages/com.unity.ide.rider/Rider/Editor/com.unity.ide.rider.asmdef)

In Inspector when I pull up the referenced .asmdef file:
    Load error
    JSON parse error: The document is empty

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the related package but that didn't fix it. Eventually clicked "Exit Safe Mode" and then Unity crashed. Had to rollback to the backed up version of my project.