Search Unity

Assembly Definition UI - Exclude, Include is unclear

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by vertxxyz, Mar 15, 2019.

1. vertxxyz

vertxxyz

This is general feedback about the Assembly Definition UI.
    I've experienced the following quite often:
    Creating a new assmdef and ticking the Editor tickbox believing you've created an Editor-only assmdef. "Any Platforms" Is a switch that toggles from Exclusive to Inclusive with very little feedback. You can easily mistakenly create an incorrect state through this or another means that is quite hard to spot if you're unfamiliar with the UI.

I've had this issue happen more than a few times, and I feel it could be improved by adding some further clarity to the UI.
    I have another user on the Official Unity Discord make a similar mistake and looking to make a report of their own so I figure I should make one.

A solution I would like is similar to what the user suggested but with an addition.
    An "Exclude" and "Include" dropdown, and then below that a heading that says "All Platforms Except:" or "Only These Platforms:"
    This way not only do you have a control you interact with that has clear intention, but the descriptions are disparate enough to not be mistaken for each other.

Either way I figure the UI could do with a little bit of clarification as I've had the issue a few times and so has someone else.