Search Unity

Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Stores.dll' will not be loaded due to errors

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by jackd_unity, May 17, 2019.

1. jackd_unity

jackd_unity

I just tried to upgrade to latest 2019 Unity but it keeps looping on iteration facebook.dll

If I remove the dll from plugins\unitypurchasing\bin\facebook then I can open the project but it gives this error:

Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Stores.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Unable to resolve reference 'Facebook'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What platform are you building for?

3. jackd_unity

jackd_unity

I'm building for Android

4. jackd_unity

jackd_unity

I tried removing IAP and add it again, now it fails with facebookstore.dll instead og facebook.dll

5. jackd_unity

jackd_unity

6. jackd_unity

jackd_unity

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

8. jackd_unity

jackd_unity

I have the previous version but the project can't be downgraded. Then I would have to tests with an earlier version and that could be fine but still doesn't solve that the new version has problems.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Understood. Have you installed 2019 to a location without a space in it? There are several other posts that mention this, but not sure if related to your specific issue, but something to try. Like to C:\Unity (instead of C:\Program Files\Unity, for example)

10. jackd_unity

jackd_unity

No it is installed in default location with spaces.
    Can we somehow avoid it to compile the facebookstore.dll ? I don't need that

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

If you are using 2019, you'll need to reinstall to a location with no spaces. Please test first.

12. Shmoji

Shmoji

I read that renaming the dll is a temporary workaround, what dll is it talking about?

If I try to download the facebook part of IAP, it infinite loops and never downloads. If I do not download it, tons of errors. I just want a quick fix to be honest, but I do not think that is an option.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, without knowing what you read or where, it would not be possible to specify which dll you are referring to. And if you are building for Android, you don't need (and shouldn't install) the Facebook integration. And as mentioned elsewhere, you should avoid Unity 2019 for now when using IAP. https://forum.unity.com/threads/notice-iap-issues-with-unity-2019.689647/

14. Shmoji

Shmoji

No fun. I do have a question unrelated to IAP...although I have it only because of IAP. Is it better to create an entirely new project with a prior Unity version and then copy all files into it from the previous project OR is it better to simply take the previous project and switch the Unity version via Unity Hub. I simply want whatever has the least chance to screw my project up. Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You may run into issues copying a 2019 project to an earlier version. You'll want to avoid a downgrade.