Search Unity

assembla perforce setup not working

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by brainydexter, Jun 1, 2016.

1. brainydexter

brainydexter

I'm trying to use assembla perforce with this URL:

perforce.assembla.com:1666

I created a readonly user (watcher account in assembla) and tried to login. However, it doesn't accept that login. If I try to manually login with the same username, it works fine.

Can someone help me figure out: how to get unity cloud build to work with assembla perforce ?

2. bitbarons

bitbarons

We have same issue here. I know you had or have some issues with Assembla perforce repository, but it would be great to hear something about a fix or any ETA about this problem.

3. bitbarons

bitbarons

Can please someone from support just give a statement to this issue? Anything?

rchapman likes this.
  4. DeveloperM

DeveloperM

Assembla Perforce servers run in unicode mode.
    Unity Cloud Build does not support unicode-enabled Perforce servers.
    Helix Cloud hosting is also not supported for the same reason.

5. unitychrism

unitychrism

To be clear, Unicode-enabled Perforce servers should work properly with Cloud Build, there are other issues on our radar that currently prevent working with Perforce Helix (most notably, stream support). @brainydexter can you refresh my memory as to whether perforce.assembla.com:1666 is the suggested URL that you should use to access your repository?

6. slims

slims

I am also having this issue. I'm using assembla with perforce; trying to use perforce.assembla.com:1666

No luck.

7. slims

slims

Yes, that is the correct URL.

8. DeveloperM

DeveloperM

9. unitychrism

unitychrism

Thank you for pointing that out in the support guide, it should be updated to indicate that Unicode-enabled servers are in fact supported.

10. brainydexter

brainydexter

I didnt get notifications so I didn't follow up on this thread. @unitychrism can you confirm if we can use assembla perforce with unity cloud build ? If so, is there a guide that I can follow ?

I bought the unity pro version recently and it would be very helpful if I could leverage unity cloud build services. Thanks

11. richard_bates

richard_bates

What's the status of this? I'm getting 'Repo is not accessible. Please check your URL and repo settings.'

12. jaksil

jaksil

Just so I understand it clearly, are you saying that cloud build doesn't work at all with Helix repo's using streams at the moment ?

13. unitychrism

unitychrism

That is correct, streams are not currently supported for Perforce instances.

14. richard_bates

richard_bates

The UCB configuration flow appears to have bespoke UI for Assembla-hosted Perforce depots.Could I suggest that this is modified to highlight that it is not currently supported? Currently it does the opposite - reinforcing the notion that it should work.
    Setup.PNG

15. jaksil

jaksil

Thanks for your reply Chris

Would support for streams be on the roadmap ?

16. brainydexter

brainydexter

@unitychrism about a year later, I wanted to followup and see if unity now supports assembla + perforce with their cloud build ?

17. dooderino

dooderino

about 1.5 years after the last ping -- any update on this? I need to use assembla + perforce + cloud build as well.