Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin's Creed Unity!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arowx, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Arowx

Arowx

2. saymoo

saymoo

lol, but infortunately not Unity powered ;)

SunnyChow likes this.
  3. Murgilod

Murgilod

So they're setting it in Paris, which means no boats, which means they've effectively taken the only thing interesting about this incredibly boring series.

4. TheDMan

TheDMan

Yeah the funny thing its powered by Unreal Engine 4. lol

5. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

Yes, it got to it's 7th installment because people knew they had to buy and tolerate the boredom if they wanted someday for boats to be introduced as a minigame in the 5th. (o_O)

6. Murgilod

Murgilod

Are you really equating sales to quality?

7. drewradley

drewradley

You said "boring" not "low quality". I imagine that is what he was addressing.

8. Murgilod

Murgilod

Except it is boring. Boring is a low quality. Boring is when a game is so heavily focus tested that it loses anything distinct once you make it past the second entry in the series. Boring is when the gameplay systems gets refined to the point of being overpolished, a term we'll use for literature, film, and comics, but never games for some reason. Boring is when the series reaches a point where the very idea of taking the slightest risk with any of these systems is lost because it might make less money.

9. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

'He's' equating game fun to boats.

:|

10. drewradley

drewradley

I'm pretty sure "low quality" and "boring" are not even remotely the same thing. See, something very high-quality CAN be boring and something very-low quality can be a lot of fun. But if you want to equate boring with low quality, that's your choice - wrong, but your choice. "Low quality conversation anyway."

11. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

I am saying that the game is enjoyed by enough people to make it to its 5th installment. If you had simply said it was boring to you, I would have not said nothing, but you actually made a statement of fact that just can’t be made because it’s a very subjective matter. :)

I personally like the games, sort off. The parkour thing is fun as is the sneaking and combat, but they are all bloated with busywork that annoys the heck out of my OCD side.

See you do it again. :p

Entertainment factor is a subjective matter, just like favorite colors or foods. You cant say bacon tastes salty and disgusting without expecting bacon lovers to argue. You can however say you don’t like chocolate, and chocolate lovers will just think you are insane and keep on waling. :p

12. Ocid

Ocid

Boring is a point of view.

13. Murgilod

Murgilod

Except I never said it made it boring to everyone. You said I did, but I never actually said that.

14. sphericPrawn

sphericPrawn

I've been a die-hard AC fan since the first one, played every one of them. I've never found them to be boring (okay, maybe first one was a little repetitive). Of course that really doesn't matter because what people find fun is totally subjective. For example, every time I try a MMORPG I find them insanely boring and yet they're one of the biggest sectors of the gaming market. If enough people have fun playing a game/series it will continue to be successful.

On a different note, AC: Unity is just one of two AC games that are supposed to be released this year. Unity is for the next gen consoles only and supposedly the other one will be for the last gen. What I'm wondering is will both come to PC/Mac, or will they just port one and leave the other as an exclusive.

15. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

You repeated a few time it IS boring. If you want to argue some strange semantics where the word "is", on it's own, has personal connotations, well I think logic left the building.

16. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

For realsies? So it's called Unity and it's made in Unreal Engine? This can't be a coincidence!

17. sphericPrawn

sphericPrawn

I could be wrong but I'd be stunned if they were already abandoning their Anvil Next engine, as it's only been used for AC III and IV.

18. Kondor0

Kondor0

Ubisoft is in bed with the enemy!

19. Setmaster

Setmaster

From what I know they use the Anvil engine.

20. Muro

Muro

I still haven't completed AC IV because the ship segments. They suck so bad for me.

21. orbobservation

orbobservation

When I saw Assassin's Creed Unity this morning I was thinking why are AC using Unity? :p

22. AaronC

AaronC

I look forward to your offering to the world that will save us from dying of Assassins Creed boredom lol

I enjoyed the original quite a lot personally. I hope your game lifts the bar.

23. goat

goat

Seeing as you've just read his offer in lui of playing Assassin's Creed I'd say the poster has already saved you from that boring *ss game.

24. AaronC

AaronC

I didn't find it boring. I do find lots of games boring though.

25. orbobservation

orbobservation

The storyline has become a bit dire in parts, but overall I find the games quite fun- I'd say what has slown the games down are the eavesdropping follow someone segments, just repetitive boredom.

26. Kondor0

Kondor0

According to that logic only AAA developers could criticize games. He may be exaggerated and kind of unfair when he says the series is boring but is his opinion and he doesn't need to make a game to know what he likes or not.

27. BrUnO-XaVIeR

BrUnO-XaVIeR

Haters are everywhere for every game still all games finds its audience.
    I don't care much when someone tells me my game is boring. I'm not poiting a gun to his head and forcing him to play.
    However is good to take notes when someone has constructive criticism.

So yeah, he doesn't need to make better to have opinions about any game...

28. AaronC

AaronC

Fair enough I suppose. Whingers bore me more tho.

Why am I even writing this? I have so much more important things to do than to argue whether Assassins Creed is boring or not.

lol *points at self

29. Rogerino

Rogerino

lel champz

30. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

There's a river in Paris you know, so don't lose hope ;)

31. selvin

selvin

That was fun to read :D.

32. chingwa

chingwa

AC5? Man, they really crank these things out don't they? :D

33. firemagma122

firemagma122

For some reason I hated boats 'cause the games are about assassinating not voyaging.

34. wccrawford

wccrawford

Nice Necro. But I'll bite anyhow.

Every time I see "Assassin's Creed Unity" I think of the Unity game engine, and get really confused for a moment. It's weird.

And all this talk of AC Black Flag has me thinking about playing it over again. lol That game was seriously fun, with only a few real stinker missions. The ships were quite well done.

I'm waiting to see what the consensus is on ACU before buying, though. So far it seems like AC Rogue is considered better by many people.

35. fmarkus

fmarkus

It's not made with Unreal at all. It's a custom engine.

36. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

Its made with their own propriety engine, called AnvilNext. Stop trolling, Mark Rein. :p

shkar-noori and inafield like this.
  37. MrBrainMelter

MrBrainMelter

Apparently performance on PC is terrible, prolly cause they rushed it for X-Mas. It's getting a lot of negative reviews at the moment.

Shoulda used Unity engine ;)