Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Asking for some help with my first project.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PaintedCrow, Feb 16, 2015.

1. PaintedCrow

PaintedCrow

For the time being I am just trying to work out a minimal acceptable product.

End result will be an party based rpg on a hex grid. Turn-based gameplay through raid style levels. All dreams coming true this would be capable of being played either by a single player controlling multiple party members or online co-op where each player controls a single character chosen from their own available pool of characters.

Right now I am looking for (and having very much trouble finding) a tutorial that will teach me the 3 basic things I need to create a minimal product. 1.Create level with a hex grid. 2.Place an enemy within that level that is capable of moving and attacking. 3. Placing a player-character in that level that is capable of moving and attacking. I would be perfectly happy with something as simple as a cube that can fight a sphere on a 3-d hex grid.

Any other information I need to provide I will happily do so. Until then I will continue searching for a suitable tutorial. Thanks in advance for any who read or help!