Search Unity

[Closed] Ask-to-buy, clarification needed

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by plindberg, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plindberg

plindberg

In the manual, it is now stated that

"Sometimes consumable Ask to Buy purchases don’t show up in the App Receipt, in which case you cannot validate them using that receipt. However, iOS provides a Transaction Receipt that contains all purchases, including Ask to Buy. Access the most recent Transaction Receipt string for a given Product using IAppleExtensions."

When exactly is "sometimes"? We're using the app receipt to validate purchases and it seems to work fine with ask-to-buy purchases.

Is it a bug on Apple's end? Should we expect app receipt validation to fail randomly for ask-to-buy purchases, or is there some specific scenario in which it does?

Also, can the transaction receipt be used for all purchases? I.e. is this the preferred, catch-all, way of validating receipts on iOS?

2. Benvictus

Benvictus

Hi @plindberg ,

Can you please send me a link to the page in the manual this is stated?

3. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@plindberg,

A little bit of background here, we were getting reports of Ask to Buy purchases having empty in_app array.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/sol...app-array-and-refreshing-receipt-flow.498704/

We were able to test with a non-Unity IAP app to confirm this was behavior on Apple's end. I don't know of the specific conditions that caused this behavior.

However, the transaction receipt did include the correct information. So in 1.16.0, we added an extension to retrieve the transaction receipt. This receipt cannot be verified locally, but can be sent to Apple servers for verification.

So it might be good to have a check for an empty in_app array in the App Receipt. But if the App Receipt is working correctly for you, then perhaps Apple resolved the underlying issue on their end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.