Search Unity

Artist struggling with code.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by jayxxix, Jun 30, 2018.

1. jayxxix

jayxxix

Hello all..
    Im an ex-commerce student looking to make a career in the game industry as an artist. In the past few months ive touched upon various 3d applications and i know something about everything.
    That being said, ive never written a line of code in my life and as you know games cannot function without code, which brings me to my problem.
    Im creating a small level of a 1st person horror game and i use the standard FP controller in unity. Now, the idea here is , as i hit the play button, an in game cutscene event occurs and the character falls from a height into a pit. Ive attached a pair of hands to the controller, rigged it and made a fall animation out of it The cutscene continues as he gets up , picks up a lantern from nearby and then the cutscene ends and he continues forward.
    Can someone please help me understand how to switch from the in-game cutscene to the actual gameplay.
    (I have a faint idea on how to execute this : Make 2 identical controllers, use one for the animation at start and destroy it once its done and switch to the second controller which is ready for the actual gameplay.)
    Im struggling with the code and would appreciate it if someone provided me with an example code or point me towards some relevant resources.

Thanks.

2. Ian094

Ian094