Search Unity

Artist, Creative looking for Coder to Collab/Revshare on Minecraft type project

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by natedawggh, Jan 9, 2021.

1. natedawggh

natedawggh

I'm an independent 3D artist and creative director trying to produce a Minecraft derivative which satisfies the content void most Minecraft players long for. Unlike Minecraft, this game will focus heavily on magic casting, adventure, greater breadth of crafting, beautiful and dynamic environments, and a variety and abundance of interesting MOBs. I'm not interested in sitting in development hell for ages. I want to produce a game which is fun and playable in a very short amount of time, and continue to develop it further if we are able to get attention and fund it through sales. I've already made a large amount of the assets (over 25 mobs, 50+ textures, items, etc), we already have a beautiful custom soundtrack written by a very talented composer, and have even done some preliminary coding to test out the terrain generation (which looks amazing and performs really well). I just need a talented, experienced coder (or two) who can help us put it together. I especially like Unity for the prospect of utilizing the ECS to achieve more vast worlds and environmental effects. Must have demonstrable experience coding for games. Knowledge of multiplayer and AI challenges are also of value to us, as well as a love for these kinds of games. I wrote or designed the algorithms for the terrain generation system we have so far, so you don't need to lead the technical development if you can't, just facilitate the coding, animation (I can also animate, but in my own 3D software), and game mechanics. It's supposed to be fun, so you can also contribute to any other area you wish. The player character will look slightly different than what is shown in the concept art below, and the UI is not as it will appear in the final game.

If you are interested, please reply with a resume, sample work, and information about who you are to nathanguyhatch@gmail.com. We can publish this in a short amount of time (6 months, if you are fast) and start bringing in some cashflow for ourselves while we continue to develop.

b4f43fe66ef5087b3ac12554bf5edcb1_original.png b55b2795755b367a2a98013d459bc2da_original.png 9ae2bd5d0c5b73d9ce3a1555a51a2f9f_original.png Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 10.22.25 PM.png

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021