Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

Artificially slow down level loading speed

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Nims, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Nims

Nims

I want to emulate scene loading speed for use with Application.LoadLevelAsync and a progress bar.
    As scene loading is very fast on the desktop, and I just want to check and see how the progress bar is functioning, and I don't feel like building and pushing the app to the device for progress bar I'm testing, I was wondering if there is a way to slow down the level loading speed while running in the editor?

2. RaoulWB

RaoulWB

I don't know if you still need an answer, but since no one reply, i would say that you can "load" the scene with useless objects like high poly meshes, large texture, non-compressed audio and whatever to make it heavier.

ProbePLayer likes this.
  3. Tomnnn

Tomnnn

This is probably the best answer.

Another option would be to have a scene manager that throws a loading screen texture on top of the player's face to block out the scene, destroy everything in your level, and then instantiate everything in the new level. If you do round robin loading of game objects, you can add progress to the bar after every successful load out of your total.

unityunity