Search Unity

Bug Artifacts on Sprite Renderers in 3D, related to batching. 2022.2.6f1

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Zomby138, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Zomby138

Zomby138

I'm getting these artifacts on my Sprite Renderers in my 3D URP project in unity 2022.2.6f1

It only happens at specific camera angles. To me it looks like a z-fighting type pattern. The parts that arn't rendering properly seem to keep what was in those pixels in the previous frame, creating a hall of mirrors effect that is then pushed either down to black of up to white over time by the post processing.

I believe it's related to batching because if there is only one sprite with the same material on screen it never happens. The more sprite renderers with the same material, the more likely it is to happen.

If I break batching in any way, the problem goes away. For example if I put the problematic Sprite Renderer on a different Sorting Layer, or change the Mask Interaction; then the problem stops for that Sprite Renderer

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

There are no real time lights in the scene, no light or reflection probes. I'm trying to keep everything as simple as possible to narrow down the problem. SpriteProblemo.jpg