Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Artifacts at certain camera distances

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by SirDorius9, Mar 3, 2021.

1. SirDorius9

SirDorius9

Hello all. I am currently having an issue with HDRP where some strange artifacts appear at regular intervals of distance. It seems as if at a certain distance the rendering of the material changes drastically, separated into 3 layers. You can see this effect in action in the screenshot below.

I have tried increasing LOD bias in HDRP Asset > Rendering, and also tried disabling all postprocessing, but the effect doesn't dissappear.

Any idea what might be causing this?

upload_2021-3-3_22-43-55.png

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

It looks like a distance rendering issue, and is related to terrain. Check Terrain/Terrain Settings/Base Map Dist. Base setting should be 512, at least, if not more. Depending on the scale of your terrain...

3. SirDorius9

SirDorius9

Sorry, I forgot to mention. I am not using Terrain. I am generating the mesh procedurally

4. pierred_unity

pierred_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, in Window > Render Pipeline > Render Pipeline Debug

Go to your scene or game camera, and then disable each feature one by one. You'll eventually find the culprit hopefully. Then we can probably help once you isolated the issue.

upload_2021-3-5_18-5-26.png

5. SirDorius9

SirDorius9

Thanks for the answer @pierred_unity

I tried toggling every single feature on/off in the list but the issue is still there. Might I add that it is the same inside the editor view.