Search Unity

Art engine limitations what are they? lets fine out what it can do!

Discussion in 'ArtEngine - Archived' started by wolfgraphicsLLC, Jan 25, 2021.

1. wolfgraphicsLLC

wolfgraphicsLLC

yes and with art engine do i still need to uv map the character just as i would for substance or is there a helper function to map it for me? and also I have a notion to offer something and was wondering how to go about it as you can see I'm a unity affiliate partner and pro member and such and we already determined that there is not course for Art engine as run it via the documentation how would i submit a course for how to use it? as one thing i have learned over the last 2-3 years at gdhq is I enjoy teaching game development
    as this is a character I have worked on for a while

and im about to put him in art engine to see what i can do with it as far as a skin material and making the hors look like bone and such

is that one of the uses of art engine? and as well are sbasr files as in substance materials and smart mats useable in art engine

2. vishnuvp7

vishnuvp7

Unity Technologies

Hi WolfgraphicsLLC,

Thank your for reaching out. I would like to summarize your questions and answer them one by one. Correct me if I have understood it wrong. Please find the answers inline from our artists.

Basically you would like to edit the skin and horn materials for your game character in ArtEngine and you have the below questions.
    • Does ArtEngine support such workflow?
    Theoretically, yes. We can import a custom mesh and we have some basic procedural node, so ArtEngine should be able to handle such workflow.
    • Do we need to 'UV map' a character before bringing into ArtEngine for editing?
    Yes, we need UVs. However, each mesh should only have 1 UV channel. We already have a bug in place to fix this.
    • Can we use SBSAR files in ArtEngine?
    No. SBSAR file are Substance proprietary file format. Hence, we will not handle them. However, we can perfectly handle the outputs image of a SBSAR file
    • Is there a training course for ArtEngine?
    Our artists are currently working on creating educational materials for ArtEngine. We are expecting to publish them anytime soon. We shall make an announcement when they are ready.
    I hope we have answered all your questions. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
    ArtEngine Support

wolfgraphicsLLC likes this.
  3. wolfgraphicsLLC

wolfgraphicsLLC

ok great thank you so it is pretty much what i was thinking as in the sbar files and such so there wont be a plugin in the future then. and normal workflow up to art engine thank you for getting back to me as well if i do make some tutorials for using the art engine is there a particular place I could or should put them on or use my normal avenues such as youtube and patreon and Vemo accounts for my studio? as well from the documentation I have been reading Art Engine is set up to produce 3d images from pictures and scanned images of live objects and such correct?