Search Unity

[Art Asset] Sci-Fi Powerup Crate - Available Now!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jeffo, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Jeffo

Jeffo

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce a new item that's part of my Sci-Fi theme that I've been working on lately.

This is a simple Powerup Crate item model and texture.

Available here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18990

Feedback and suggestions are most welcomed!

Thanks all!
    Jeff

2. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

3. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Hi Jeffo,

Thanks for sharing.
    First of all, I wanted to say that your asset looks great!

Please do not take what I'm about to say as a personal attack on your or your asset.

I remember clearly reading that the Asset Store will not be publishing assets (specifically crates) that exists as a single object.

Taken from the Submission Guidelines:
    1. Quality Standards
    We look for craftsmanship in assets that would otherwise require a developer an investment of time or money to create. We look for well-made textures, clean geometry and UV mapping, code quality and overall good design. Do not submit a very simple asset, such as a single crate, unless there is something extremely special about it. If you have simple assets, consider making a multi-pack instead. Do not send us default Bryce skyboxes or other assets that require just a few clicks to create, or free Turbo- Squid models you didn't make yourself. Your submissions should be a reflection of your talent and skill.

Found Here:
    http://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/submission-guidelines

I have seen a lot of this lately. It seems that the review team is letting stuff through that they "shouldn't"

Again, not a personal attack on your nor your asset, I think they are great.

4. Jeffo

Jeffo

Hi John,

No offense taken.

I think it might be due to the fact that it is part of a larger SciFi pack in review. I chose to make both the bundle and single items available for those that only desired certain things.

If for some reason that is against usage rights, I'll adjust accordingly.

Thanks for the comment!
    Jeff

5. JohnRossitter

JohnRossitter

Jeffo,

That may be the case.

I just wonder about the review team sometimes.