Search Unity

Art Asset Creation Video Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Thomas-Pasieka, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

Hey there everybody,

I was wondering if anybody is interested in video tutorials that could potentially be bought via Asset Store? The videos would be mostly aimed at artists and aspiring artists who would like to know how to go about art asset creation from A to Z (modeling, sculpting, retopo, uv'ing and all that) and implementing it into their games/projects. Models and textures would also come with the video(s).

Just wondering if there is interest in such offering :)

2. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

so many free tutorials on modelling on the internet...dunno if someone would buy it.

3. larvantholos

larvantholos

I think you'd have a tough time competing against other content creators that already do this. You'd have to price them so low you'd probably price yourself out of the time involved. Your best bet is to do this free, which sort of defeats the purpose.

I can name a few content providers that already provide high quality videos for various things:

I3d
    Eat3d
    Digital tutors
    Zbrushworkshops

And there are a host of other ones out there that have a lot of complete video serious, and thats just paid stuff,
    there is millions of free videos, that while sometimes quality varies, can get the job done.

4. giusepe

giusepe

Well,

Im a cgcookie subscriber and I use a lot of other videos sources, but a tutorial series, from A to Z would be welcome to me.
    Maybe you could submit something to CGCookie and still get some money from it :)