Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Arrow Trajectory

Discussion in 'Physics' started by RedRavens96, Mar 18, 2015.

1. RedRavens96

RedRavens96

Help Board. I have an object arrow, which consists of 3 parts (rigidbody):
    tip, shaft, tail. Movement arrow I give impulse, AddForce to the tip as he had mass, while the tail is resistance ,Drag.

What is the question: how can you make (one):
    1 - Pre-flight trajectory
    2 - Pre-hit area of the boom.

Since the arrow composite is the resistance Drag I do not know how to calculate the trajectory in physical formulas.

Thanks in advance.

2. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Are you just using Unity's rigid body drag? Also are you taking into account that drag scales with velocity?

3. RedRavens96

RedRavens96

Yes i use Unity rigid body drag.

4. trudeaudm

trudeaudm

Well then I believe in your trajectory calculation you could just subtract a constant value from your velocity vector to account for the drag.

5. RedRavens96

RedRavens96

Yes, exactly. I Get It. How to calculate the trajectory or area