Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Armory engine GI showcase

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by konsic, Apr 4, 2018.

1. konsic

konsic

Voxel GI enables indirect diffuse and specular lighting.

2. konsic

konsic

3. zenGarden

zenGarden

Enough demo, where are the real games ?

I mean a good game engine is not just about graphics showcase, but how easy you can create a game, how you code the game, how you setup collisions layers, how easy it is to use physics and how you setup other stuff. Terrain, vegetation , GUI editor, cinematic plugin , ocean with waves and foam, decals , particles ?

Anyway it's nice to have other 3D engine options.

4. nipoco

nipoco

Does this solution bring anything revolutionary new to the table?
    I mean there are already quite a few Voxel GI solutions available. Like Nvidia‘s VXGI
    And none of those are particularly performance friendly. That was the reason why Epic scraped it from their engine and only a handful games actually use it.

5. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Indeed!

If the troll/orc in that demo was beautifully textured, animated and his mace was flaming, smashing the teapots to reveal the shiny, glorious treasures within, that would be impressive.

hippocoder likes this.
  6. zenGarden

zenGarden

Add to the wishlist, menu game, options, save and load game, orc able to move and fight other orcs enemies with good AI, the level would mix some indoor buildings instead of a cube , and there would be some outdoor terrain and vegetation, with some cool looking water lake or river.
    Then Armory would got my attention :)

zombiegorilla likes this.
  7. Chrisasan

Chrisasan

Armory game engine is being built ontop of blender. You will use blender to create the game, and just run the armory plugin.

It's a blender plugin.

8. Murgilod

Murgilod

Okay, so it's probably not worth it then, as the Blender game engine is kind of a disaster.

9. elbows

elbows

I've not been paying attention properly but was under the impression this is instead of the blender game engine, and the blender game engine is also officially dead.

10. Murgilod

Murgilod

Then mmmmmaybe it'll be improved a bit? But honestly, the only way I'd ever use a game engine produced by the Blender folks is if I suddenly went full FOSS, which I don't see happening. There are just too many much more mature and robust solutions.

11. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Enlighten is among the best solutions in the world for GI and yet people still keep grasping for magic tricks. There is no good full-realtime GI that is fast. Simply need another 5 years or so.

12. zenGarden

zenGarden

CryEngine Svogi works well for outdoors.

13. elbows

elbows

That reminds me, I must have a look at version 2 of nvidia VXGI sometime.

Given the number of people who seem to hanker over such alternative solutions, I'm surprised there hasnt been a lot of visible nagging of nvidia to bring VXGI to Unity.

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Given the fact it's buggy and slow as hell I'm not surprised.