Search Unity

ARMeshManager in ARFoundation

Discussion in 'AR' started by kexar66, Aug 4, 2019.

1. kexar66

kexar66

I found a new feature in the newest version of ARFoundation, called ARMeshManager. What is it for exactly?

Thanks.

2. vetro22

vetro22

+1

I would like to know this too...

3. orgelvarg

orgelvarg

According to the documentation it's a manager for the plane meshes generated by the AR device. It contains a bunch of properties related to the AR mesh, an event called meshesChanged and a method called DestroyAllMeshes().

4. vetro22

vetro22

That's correct, but unfortunately it's use is not as intuitive as the documentation would suggest. (for me at least)
    In my case, the ARMeshManager module disables itself, because it couldn't find the XRMeshSubsystemDesctiptor with the SubsystemManager.
    It's totally possible, that I made a mistake, or didn't use the feature correctly, but I didn't find a proper guide or example for it yet.
    I've made a therad about this issue here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/problems-with-armeshmanager.734465/

5. GeorgeAlexandru

GeorgeAlexandru

Well depending on which platform you use it will work or otherwise return null.

If you are trying to use it with ARKit or ARCore, like I tried it will not work. Answer here.

unityunity