Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

ARM64 on OculusQuest: <ApplicationName> has Stopped

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by alexchesser, Feb 9, 2020.

1. alexchesser

alexchesser

If I build and run to the OculusQuest with the ARM64 checkbox selected I get an error in headset "<ApplicationName> has Stopped" with the option to close the app or open again (which fails again)

The app doesn't start at all. If I select the ARMv7 option it runs fine.

I've opened a ticket https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1218209_l62p1o2ng4c4me9j but thought I'd also check with the community to see if this is something that others have fixed or experienced.

As some of you may already know - it is a hard requirement that Oculus Quest apps be built to ARM64 https://developer.oculus.com/blog/quest-submission-policy-update-64-bit-by-default/ so it's a pretty critical issue for anyone in this space.

upload_2020-2-9_11-55-0.png

2. Claytonious

Claytonious

Building to Arm64 on Quest OK here. It's good that you submitted a bug report since it doesn't seem to happen for all projects.

alexchesser likes this.
  3. fortgreeneVR

fortgreeneVR

Hi, did you find a way to resolve this problem?
    In my case, the app doesn't launch, I just see the 3 animated white dots.
    Thanks.

4. DajStudio

DajStudio

Yeah, the same, app don't launch

5. AbdelNabut

AbdelNabut

Posted this in a similar thread, but reposting here since it seems to be a related issue:

Hate to necro an old topic, but I too am having this issue. My OpenXR Oculus Quest 2 build won't start. Won't even show the splash screen, and it locks me in the game infinitely loading with the animated ellipsis. This only happens in OpenXR as my title runs fine with the Oculus setting enabled instead in the XR Plug-In Management section. Either that, or it's the switch to Arm64 that's preventing my game from loading.

Can't test either exclusively since Arm64 is required for OpenXR to run. But I can say that even switching to the Oculus runtime with Arm64, my project wouldn't start. Upon switching back to Armv7, project runs again.

I'm using Unity 2020.3.21
    Oculus XR Plugin 1.10.0
    OpenXR Plugin 1.2.8
    XR Plugin Management 4.0.7

6. DevDunk

DevDunk

Is everyone using the latest Unity version (2020.3LTS or 2021.2)?
    That fixed it for me. Also make sure you update Oculus Integration to the latest version, since that had a lot of issues

unityunity