Search Unity

ARKit support for iOS via Unity-ARKit-Plugin

Discussion in 'ARKit' started by jimmya, Jun 5, 2017.

1. eco_bach

eco_bach

Anyone test playback, CPU usage of video using HEVC-H.265 vs older H.264? I'm a total noob when it come to the Profiler but informal tests how slightly better performance (less CPU usage) using HEVC-H.265 on the iPhone.
    I know the primary advantage of HEVC is much smaller file sizes but am more concerned with reducing CPU overhead. Would appreciate any feedback. YMMV.

2. eco_bach

eco_bach

Question about flickering materials. In a recent project I have some materials that momentarily flicker to transparent.
    Usually near the top of the frame when playing back. Noticed in the attached image that the ceiling is transparent.
    Also viewable here around the 45 second mark

Anyone know what causes this and how I can fix? I am guessing some setting in my LWRP material shader or texture import?

Tried adding Offset -1,-1 in the Pass section of my shader but no difference.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  3. zyonneo

zyonneo

Any idea how much area(like sq.feet) does ARWorldMap support?

4. hawken

hawken

147B81EC-D77F-483E-80F5-4F0AE7F42457.jpeg

Alright dudes? Seems like I worked on another car app ;)

This is for location scouting, they have 8 generic cars. I was able to use reflection probes from arkit which was sweet. Theres a few lighting / reflection options here.

Theres also some clearcoat paint effect here, which took ages to figure out. In the end I did two materials passes.
    093D1AE6-E3CB-4E83-9843-FF16867E56A6.png 3365730B-3EFB-456E-A792-307B6A199840.png 604E5704-FEE6-479C-9779-38834611F867.png
    As always, my focus was to push the realism angle as far as it can go within the project scope and provide a simple way for users to get the results they need.
    0499B613-948A-44E3-ABA4-C568F7E0DFB3.png
    http://www.planetprepro.com/AR/guide.html

Once again many thanks to @jimmya and the arkit team at unity!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  5. zyonneo

zyonneo

What happens if the ARworld map (.worldmap) is having huge size.When I hit save it gets saved Immediately or will it take time?Can we show the progress?

6. Alfoncova51

Alfoncova51

Hello everyone,

I'm getting familiar with the ARKit plugin in Unity and going through some of the initial material.
    The problem I have is that whenever I build the project to test in my device, the camera renders a divided view.

The next image is a full screenshot.

IMG_D9AEF7464DD0-1.jpeg

I've never had this result before using AR cameras with Vuforia and more recently AR Foundation.

How can I correct this view to get a full normal screen?

Thank you

7. jimmya

jimmya

Unity Technologies

Omigod! This is kick-ass! Thanks for sharing!

hawken likes this.
  8. jimmya

jimmya

Unity Technologies

what device is this? also, you should probably try out ARFoundation if you have not yet (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@1.0/manual/index.html)

9. ina

ina

How do you switch to front facing camera for ARKitRemote face tracking?

10. pedrobarrosbrasil

pedrobarrosbrasil

11. pedrobarrosbrasil

pedrobarrosbrasil

create a script, write this:

{
    public void SceneButton(string sceneName)
    {
    SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync(sceneName LoadSceneMode.Single);
    }

}

add it to a Parent then create a button under that parent. Use it on the OnClick event.

for further explanation, contact me.

12. pedrobarrosbrasil

pedrobarrosbrasil

This
    What I've done is what I tried (poorly, tbh) to explain in that medium article. Plus, the script I have to change scenes uses the Single Load scene mode, as follows..

SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync(sceneNum, LoadSceneMode.Single);

13. mp-paramlabs

mp-paramlabs

Hello @jimmya ,
    i want to add image trackers runtime. images would be either downloaded from network before application starts.
    Usage would be generate ArReferenceImage and ArReferenceImageset runtime and supply it ARCameraManager.

I have been following this from repo and haven't been able to figure out. Let me know if there is any way to make it work from unity or combined with native code.
    Any help would be appreciated.

14. MohsenneChaverdie

MohsenneChaverdie

Could anyone make ARKIT remote work without errors? At the moment, I cannot even connect my Unity 2019.1 Editor to iPhone via Unity Remote. I followed Unity blog post tutorial, but Editor console cannot connect to iPhone anymore!

15. hawken

hawken

2019 is currently in early TECH stage, some stuff doesn't work. Remote works in 2018.3

16. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

Where is the latest version of the ARKit plugin + samples?
    With the ARKit XR PLugin from the package manager, i can't find any examples.
    The Asset store package is deprecated
    By googling, I land at the good old bitbucket but the latest commit is from 2018, so I'm not sure if that's up to date?

@jimmya Is there a fixed place with the latest info on the plugin? Or maybe the first post in this thread could be that central place?

17. zyonneo

zyonneo

18. ina

ina

ARKit 3 support? :D

19. JelmerV

JelmerV

It's very quiet here considering the Apple ARkit3 news...? :confused:

MattMurphyPeel and ina like this.
  20. hawken

hawken

ARKit plugin was officially depreciated!

ARKit 3 stuff will come to ARFoundation.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    ina likes this.
  21. MassiveTchnologies

MassiveTchnologies

Is this official news from Unity? Do we have an ETA for the ARKit 3 integration?

ina likes this.
  22. Jelmer123

Jelmer123

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  23. WisockiJr

WisockiJr

Now, with ARKit 3, at 60fps, can ARKit + Google Cardboard be used together to achieve good 6dof VR ?

24. vinzer_x

vinzer_x

Is this still usable with ARFoundation? Or is there a new way to fully reset anchors on iOS? What I'm seeing is that using ARSession.Reset() seems to retain scanned data on iOS but clears as it should on Android. Thanks in advance!

25. asa989

asa989

So the eye tracking is not in ARFoundation to get position and rotation. all it gives us is which direction the user is looking at. So, my question is, are you going to bring back the eye tracking in coming future? and also while it is great that we have access to general facial expression in "ARKitBlendShapeVisualizer.cs" file. it could be great for us to access the landmarks too. IOS has vision library that can give you the landmarks. and its very fast and cheap in processing(in A11 and A12 CPUs). it would be nice if you guys combine it with ARKit in unity since we are not able to do that because camera is being used in your code. Thank you for your hard works.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  26. hawken

hawken

Alright folks? Looks like I dun gone and made another AR App! This time it's for location scouting with models.

The people in these first three shots are entirely AR.

IMG_6371.jpg IMG_63951.jpg IMG_6534.jpg

IMG_6817.jpg

The people you can load in are 3D models made from scans. Note the shadow matching in that last shot, this is real time based on your location and time of day.

This'll probably be my last app with the ARKit plugin, moving over to ARfoundation now...

Once again many thanks to @jimmya and the arkit team at unity!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Blarp, unnanego, jimmya and 2 others like this.
  27. Baraneedharan

Baraneedharan

i'm new to Unity, i'm having the same issue. can you please help me to fix this issue.

28. Blarp

Blarp

where the src! This would be sick on Placenote. You can save the objs for it to be reloaded in the same spot through point cloud maps.

29. MaxXR

MaxXR

Nice work. Would love to see how you build the ui and placement and movement features. This somethign you open to sharing privately (and won't disclose) or on github because would love to see how did to help learning)?

30. Baraneedharan

Baraneedharan

@jimmya I am a newie to Unity. My requirement is UI placard image with 50% alpha used as a tracking image, when lined up with respective real world object (placard) ,the 3D model have to spawn on the coordinates.Please advise whether we have such this option in arkit. I have attached the 50% alpha image and it's corresponding real world object for your reference. Look forward to hearing from you.

Attached Files: