Search Unity

ARKit Remote Camera Feed Lag - [FIXED: use USB connection]

Discussion in 'AR' started by GreeneMachine, Nov 7, 2017.

1. GreeneMachine

GreeneMachine

Hey,

I've got the latest ARKit plugin installed and working...

Unity 2017.2.0f3
    Xcode 9.1
    ARKit 1.0.11 (Nov 6)

....... with the ARKit Remote built and running on an iPhone SE... but I am getting a lot of lag on the camera feed when running the ARKitScene example.

I am getting data from the remote and the live camera feed, but its lagging way behind as I move my iPhone.

I'm just wondering if anyone else had similar performance issues, and if they solved it.

Cheers
    Richie

BPAdam98 likes this.
  2. BPAdam98

BPAdam98

When you select your device in "Connected Player", make sure you don't select the WiFi option. (Usually the WiFi option has the name of your phone in the description). Select the more generic device description that represents the USB connection. This decreased my lag from 15 seconds to less than 1 second.

GreeneMachine and jimmya like this.
  3. GreeneMachine

GreeneMachine

4. beatdesign

beatdesign

I'm trying 2018.1 & 2018.2 and installed the latest arkit remote version from bitbucket, from https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technologies/unity-arkit-plugin, using a MacBookPro 13inch, i7... Even with the USB conenction chosen in the Editor, I always get the warning "Autoconnected Player Can not send network message. Receiver can not keep up with the amount of data sent."
    The result feed is quite poor in terms of quality and lag time. Anyone with the same problem?

lildub likes this.
  5. lildub

lildub

Beatdesign I'm having the same trouble I can't get any of the face examples to work as well

6. Neonzone_

Neonzone_

same problem - laggy as hell :/

7. beatdesign

beatdesign

Is there someone who can execute these tests without problems? Maybe this implementation is still buggy?

8. Neonzone_

Neonzone_

I get better results when using iPhone8 - vs iPhone 7 Plus - still not perfect, better, - not good enough to test fast and smooth

9. yjcnbnbnb200

yjcnbnbnb200

With win10, laptop, usb cable used, my iphone 10 lagged a lot???