Search Unity

ARKit Plugin + Assembly Definition Files = broken Xcode project?

Discussion in 'AR' started by kennyd-itp, Jul 19, 2018.

1. kennyd-itp

kennyd-itp

We are trying to integrate the ARKit Plugin into a new project that uses Assembly Definition Files and are running into strange issues. I'm not sure if this is specific to the plugin or a general problem with plugins and .asmdef files. (This is using Unity 2018.2.f2 and the 2.0 beta build of the ARKit Plugin)

Our application code is defined in two assemblies - a Runtime assembly and an Editor assembly. For our Runtime assembly to use the ARKit plugin code we've had to manually add an .asmdef file in the UnityARKitPlugin folder and set it up to be a dependency of our Runtime assembly. So far, so good.

When we build to iOS this compiles and "successfully" produces a build, but we get this unhelpful error in the Unity console:

And when we look at the generated Xcode project it is missing the Libraries folder on disk, even though the project itself has references to it (in red):

As far as I can tell, the native plugin for UnityARKitPlugin isn't being built correctly (because it's now in an assembly?) and the Unity -> Xcode build process stumbles over this without recognizing it as a build failure. So it produces an Xcode project that is impossible to build.

Can anyone from Unity confirm this? What are we doing wrong?

2. rjvromans

rjvromans

I have the same issue, solution?