Search Unity

ARKit Not Asking For Camera Permission? Please Help.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by w1jvq, Feb 22, 2020.

1. w1jvq

w1jvq

Hello,
    I built a simple AR application for my iPhone following a guide on YouTube. I am running into an issue where the application runs, however it does not ask for camera permission. The result is that instead of seeing my phone's camera feed, all I see is Unity's default skybox on my screen. Am I missing a setting somewhere ? Has anyone else run into this while using ARFoundation in Unity?

euprocon likes this.
  2. euprocon

euprocon

I second this! Did the same with a ARCore build from the newest Unity release 2019.3.2f1. After installing, executing and showing the Unity logo on a Galaxy A Tablet, the screen just stayed black with no prompt for camera permission. Someone mentioned on youtube that it worked with Unity 2019.3.0f6 build, but I am unable to test. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3. euprocon

euprocon

Just a follow-up for better understanding the problem. The setup was followed 100% from this video:

Basically setting up android support, installing AR Foundation and ARCore and adding components plus plane manager to the scene before build. Perhaps there are some modifications in the latest unity build that requires some extra steps.

4. euprocon

euprocon

I apologize. My problem seems to be an issue with ARCore compatability with my current Galaxy Tab A. I will have to find supported hardware/software