Search Unity

Resolved ARKit Meshing with LiDAR Scanner

Discussion in 'AR' started by kevm123, Jan 2, 2021.

1. kevm123

kevm123

Hi,

Background Info.

• I am trying to develop an application which uses the iphone/ipad LiDAR scanner to create a mesh reconstruction of a scene, then save objects and export the data out of the app (kind of like the iOS 3d Scanner App but for a house renovations app I have in mind) and possibly have users share models between each other.
    Queries

1. Can ARFoundation create a mesh reconstruction that is coloured realistically just like the environment objects/scene? (the 3 ARFoundation meshing samples in github seem to only do meshing with a material previously provided through the Unity editor and don't reflect the actual real-world textures/colours like the iOS 3d Scanner App does)
    2. How can I export the mesh data out of the app i.e. how should I go about converting the MeshFilter objects from the list
      Code (CSharp):
      1. public IList<MeshFilter> meshes { get; }
      code from here
    3. How can I enable sharing of models and/or mesh game objects between users? I'm thinking that this may involve some form of online multiplayer functionality to achieve this?
    4. Given the above queries and project background, will it be easier to just do development with ARKit natively in iOS/Xcode using swift/objective-C?

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

2. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

1. Unfortunately, no.
    2. There is an FBX Exporter package.
    3. Yes, you should utilize some networking solution.
    4. It depends on what tool you know best. In my option, Unity is more suitable for this kind of task.

3. ina

ina

ARKit Mesh Texture mapping to mesh - has that been solved (?)