Search Unity

ARKit course obsolete?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Deleted User, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi all,

I started the recommended Unity/Udacity ARKit course but the ARKit plugin they refer to in Bitbucket for installation has been deprecated and AR Foundation must be used from now on. I followed the instructions to install ARKit XR Plugin from Package Manager, which is fine, but now the course seems obsolete. Is there an updated version of the course using AR Foundation?

Thanks!

2. wccrawford

wccrawford

Sadly (?), this industry moves much faster than tutorials do. As a career software developer, I've gotten used to using outdated tutorials to make software that uses the latest versions of various libraries.

It's harder than just following a tutorial, but you learn a *lot* more, so it's got quite a nice silver lining.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I totally agree. I've been in this situation before and always managed to Google my way out, and yes, you learn a lot in the process. In this case I'm hoping to find the official Unity/Udacity equivalent with AR Foundation, if possible, instead of having to go through dozens of YouTube videos.

4. appymedia

appymedia

Interesting to read, I'm suffering a little of this and muddling my way though and although I never catered to learn this way during all the fails and frustration I am learning slowly but surely, trial by fire hahahah. I've used Unity for some simple 2D things before and it was a lot easier / stable / settled but XR in Unity is a hotcake that is moving very quickly it seems...

Deleted User likes this.