Search Unity

ARKit & ARCore Unity App and Non AR app

Discussion in 'AR' started by param_appm, Dec 7, 2018.

1. param_appm

param_appm

Hello,

I am working on a Unity app, where the current version is Non AR and works for all Android and iOS phones.

I want to introduce AR Feature as an additional functionality to my app, where I will be using ARCore and ARKit.

ARKit and ARCore only supports selective phones available in market.

So I want to launch my app as single app, where I will have my current version and AR feature as well.

I want users who don't have ARkit and ARCore related app, uses the current version, and AR Feature doesn't get showed up for them, and for users who has phones supporting ARKit and ARCore, uses complete app with current version and AR Feature.

But when I publish apps over Google play store and App Store and when I mention my app supports ARKit and ARCore, it won't allow normal users to download the app even.

How can we launch the app as single app, so normal users can use the current version and Users having ARKit and ARCore related phones uses the complete app.

Looking forward hearing solutions !

2. alphadogware

alphadogware

3. param_appm

param_appm

Thanks a ton !
    Is that similar for ARKit as well ?

4. alphadogware

alphadogware

5. param_appm

param_appm

Thanks, Will take a look

6. alphadogware

alphadogware

Update - If you have arkit in your app and you have a non-arkit phone, the arkit won't crash if you don't use any of the arkit functions. At this point I just do an ios version check and disable arkit options if it's too low. If it's a device that has the right ios version, but doesn't support arkit, then just acts like the camera isn't working.