Search Unity

Arkit and armv7

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Juan_Perchang, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Juan_Perchang

Juan_Perchang

Hi:
    I have been working in an AR feature for my already released game. I have manage to get it working, but now when I try to Archive the product in XCode it gives me a link error like in here:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/lin...-ios-all-latest-versions.543935/#post-3588187

What I found this thread was useful as allowed me to continue developing for a while, but I need to release a build for armv7. This build won't have the AR features in as they are not supported, but the problem is that now because the package is included into the project I cannot manage to get a build done.

The only way is to completely remove the package and wrap all my features code inside a #if AR_ENABLED. However this solution is far from good as this does not allow me to create an automated process to do builds.

Do you have any suggestions?

EDIT: With further research I noticed that I cannot upload two binaries, which means that I need either to build using "universal" or ditch the whole AR feature.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Juan_Perchang

Juan_Perchang

Does anyone know if there is any plans to fix the library so we can update old applications with AR features?

3. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

ARFoundation does not currently support Armv7, but it is on our backlog to supply an armv7 library that would solve your problem.

4. BenMurch

BenMurch

Hi tdmowrer, thanks very much for your answer. I'm Ben from Perchang. We've been having loads of fun with AR in our puzzle game, also called Perchang, which is up to 6 million downloads now.

Here's how it looks on a screen.

And here's the same level in AR

Still need to do some ambient colour matching, but it's getting there. Using Unity, as always, has been really smooth. We've been talking to Apple about AR, and they're very keen for us to get it implemented. AR will also be a day one feature on our next (unannounced) game.

Would it be possible for you to drop us a quick line when the armv7 library gets released, so that we can get this awesome update over to the App Store.

Thanks again for your help,

- Ben