Search Unity

ARKit Anchor Image tracking - slow updates when marker is moving

Discussion in 'AR' started by jose-araujo, Apr 26, 2018.

1. jose-araujo

jose-araujo

2. jimmya

jimmya

As explained in the docs and blog, the image is not tracked, just recognized. So that is expected behavior.

3. jose-araujo

jose-araujo

Thanks! Right, but isnt the recognition script running at quite a fast speed so that the recognition and augmentation steps would be running and appearing smooth in the screen? Through the docs I could not understand the reason why this recognition and display would be this slow (it refreshes around every second). Could you point me to the docs explaining that?

I thought this could be because of if you move the marker that a new anchor is created and this takes time, but while debugging I saw that the script of adding a new anchor is not called.

Thanks!

4. vTimePawel

vTimePawel

if you think about it, once you recognize a static image in AR you don't have to track it, because AR is already tracking the world, so it'll stay 1:1.

5. jose-araujo

jose-araujo

Hi @vTimePawel, not sure I understood what you mean. In my case the marker is not static and is moving, so the marker has to be recognized continuously

6. jimmya

jimmya

7. jose-araujo

jose-araujo

8. jessevan

jessevan

@jimmya @jose-araujo the docs are pretty confusing as they relate to the actual behavior. I was expecting the images to *not* update, but rather they *do* update - just slowly.