Search Unity

ARKit 3 Image Tracking Beyond Image

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by fixtheradio, Aug 12, 2019.

1. fixtheradio

fixtheradio

I am looking to find a way to use an image to place an object in the world and then continue to track it even after the image has left the screen. I have tried using ARKit 3 with an Image Reference Object and the app can find the image however once I move the device away from the image the 3D model will stay on the device screen of to the edge. Id like to be able to look away and then look back and see the object roughly in the same spot on the image. What am i missing?

2. VaizardNL

VaizardNL

Did you happen to find a solution? I previously made another project that worked with ARKit before moving to ARFoundation in Unity. Here I used to simply place an object on a plane and the tracking remains quite steady when moving the camera all over the place. With Image tracking the 3D object simply loses its position or turns sideways and is quite unusable. I just need the image tracking to place the object in the correct position. Afterwards it is no longer needed. Any help is appreciated.

3. sharimken

sharimken

I upgraded my ARKit2.0 project to ARKit3.0 project, using ARFoundation preview package(Image tracking) successfully.
    When you are talking about accuracy of position tracking, you should mention your tracking environment too. In my experience, ARKit is tracking feature points in the space and you have to make sure that you have a good tracking environment too.

my previous project with ARKit2.0:
    http://frozenmist.com/page-project/the-golden-calf-ar