Search Unity

Aritana and the Chieftain's Disease

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Aritana, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Aritana

Aritana

Hello everyone,

We are indie game developers, from Brazil, and we would like to show our first project. It’s a 3D platform game, primarily for PC, called Aritana and the Chieftain’s Disease. We are using Unity3D Pro.

Story:
    Deep inside Amazon Forest, there is a tribe of brave warriors. Tabata, the Chieftain, is terribly sick and the Wiseman, Raoni, is taking care of him. A powerful Forest Spirit took over Tabata’s body and only an ancient ritual can undo the spell.
    Unfortunately, an important ingredient is missing for the ritual: one Uiruuetê feather. Raoni chose the young Aritana for the dangerous mission. He can only find the rare bird on the top of the highest mountain and he must go through the lands of the man eater Mapinguarí.

Description:
    Aritana is a platform game inspired by Super Nintendo and Mega Drive titles. We still need one year to finish the game and it’ll be delivered, primarily, for windows.
    In order to play Aritana and the Chieftain’s Disease, visit our website. Also check our blog. There you will find a weekly update telling all about Aritana’s development process. Finally, don’t forget to fill our form. It’s located at the demo page. We really want to know what you think. This is the best way to make the game even better!

Hope you like it as much as we do!

Thank you,

Duaik

Site: http://en.duaik.com
    Blog: http://en.duaik.com/blog.html
    Demo: http://en.duaik.com/demo.html
    E-Mail: aritana@duaik.com

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Khyrid

Khyrid

Bad ass! Are there larger sphere planet things?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  3. Aritana

Aritana

The planet is a Bonus Stage. It's a labyrinth and it'll get harder and bigger each time you enter this world! Hope you like it! Thanks.

4. Khyrid

Khyrid

This reminds me of that old game Adventure Island. You should sell this on steam.

5. Patapouffe

Patapouffe

Looks great! Some DK Country and Mario galaxy influences ! Nice!

My only complaint is that you should make the music more lively I think. Its starts out good but when the main theme comes in it kind of breaks the mood it was trying to create in the intro. All the doodling on that major scale is not very memorable for a main theme so yeah, the main theme could be improved. The B section of the theme is a lot better thought ! Other than that, it looks great and looks like a lot of fun. Great Job!

6. Aritana

Aritana

Thanks a lot for the help. I'll definitely try to sell it on Steam. I hope they like Aritana. Also, I'll check the music again. Thanks for your help!

7. pedromodel

pedromodel

Quantas pessoa tem na sua mini equipe?

8. Aritana

Aritana

3 pessoas formam a nossa mini equipe. Todos fazem um pouco de tudo. Até aprendemos a programar.

3 guys are representing the Duaik team. Everyone does a little of everything. We even learned, in 3 months, how to program using C#.

9. n0mad

n0mad

Very nice !

10. marcos

marcos

This looks amazing! Loved DKC as a kid, so this appeals to me a lot!

Style is gorgeous too! Can't wait to see more!

11. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Looks great and is fun, but the controlling as you jump is a bit hard, also only two lives is rather harsh.