Search Unity

ArgumentException when executing build script

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by JoeriCG, Jan 7, 2020.

1. JoeriCG

JoeriCG

On Addressables 1.5.0, Unity 2018.4.8, when building the player content using the Build -> New Build -> Default Build Script, the loading bars hangs on "Processing Addressable Group" (on our largest "General Game Assets" group). In the log the following error pops up:

Unity's CPU use drops too so I'm sure it stops progressing the build at that point.
    I tried looking for the "9b05dd3a7c48b2d76cf4eb35c0b74a13" hash but it doesn't appear to be a file in the Library folder or GUID in the addressable group, so I'm not sure if it helps to identify the asset that's causing this.

How do I resolve this?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  2. JoeriCG

JoeriCG

I'd really like some help with this since it's blocking our progress. Is there any more info I should provide?

3. JoeriCG

JoeriCG

Ended up resolving this by making adding some logging to the addressables code to find the actual asset group causing this, then moving all the assets in there to a new group. Strange but it works.
    EDIT: it broke again, read my other message below.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  4. stefankohl

stefankohl

In my case, the exact same error occurred because two assets in the same bundled asset group had an identical address. This seems to be a bug because I remember I've read before that there is nothing inherently wrong with multiple assets having the same address.

5. ao_196419

ao_196419

This error happened to me once when I accidentally added 2 BundledAssetGroupSchema(I guess its called Content Packing & Loading in the UI) to the same group. Not sure if thats your case tho...

6. JoeriCG

JoeriCG

The error returned after I set the new group to "Pack Separately". So what I'm seeing from code is asset bundles are internally added to a dictionary based on a hash of their group ID and their asset address, so this implies you can't have two assets under the same address name in the same group then? As stefankohl mentioned, this should be supported right?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  7. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

Ran into this error too. Pain in the ass to add a log to the file where the exception is thrown as it's marked read-only and I have to force quit Unity every time since the progress bar is stuck and it gets reverted when I reopen Unity.

8. stefankohl

stefankohl

@ProtoTerminator
    You should be able to continue using Unity though despite the progress bar being stuck. Just run another process that displays the bar or put it somewhere in the corner and ignore it.

9. RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Same problem here on 1.5.1 when building addressables via custom build script (this is not a problem on 1.1.5 though)

10. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

I can send this post over to see if we can find out what's going on!

RobbyZ likes this.
  11. RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Thank you! This would be a useful fix for us because then we can upgrade to latest.

12. RobbyZ

RobbyZ

Still getting this on 1.7.5

yuch3n likes this.