Search Unity

Arg! Ive made a right meal of this, not clear what to do exactly?

Discussion in 'Android' started by NavpointSoftware, Nov 25, 2019.

1. NavpointSoftware

NavpointSoftware

Hi all.

So ive finally got my first app just about finished. Just needs a final run of testing which I was hoping to do on the google Play store where I hoped to deploy it so the AIPs can be properly tested.

I registered with GP, paid the fees etc etc and made a hash of the deployment. so deleted the draft and started again.

Second time around I got as far as getting an .aab build set-up, the Play store accepted my app and it past all the checks. Great!

I went back to fix some more bugs afew days later, made another build hoping to add it to the 'Internal Test Alpha Track'...for my testers to try the AIP features and I get an error saying it can't be uploaded because my certificate doesn't match the certificate on the store.

Id not touched the keystores or anything, so went back....and to cut a long story short looked into working out why it wasn't working. and naturally have now got mixed up with my keystores and everything else and its all gone to pot.

Ive contacted the Google play team who said take the .APK into Andriod Studio and create a new keystore and certificate from there...I did mention I built the app via unity but I think its just a standard template reply.

If I import my .apk into android studio and follow their procedure what happens to the Unity keystore?

Won't I get the same problem if I update the app later?

Im just really confused and somewhat overwhelmed with it at this final hurdle..... :(

Any help very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    John

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You don't need Android Studio, just build from Unity. But make sure that you are using the same keystore file as previous, it is set under Player Settings/Publishing Options. I just went through this same issue myself when I copied my project to a new location and didn't bring along the user.keystore file which I couldn't locate (I had several). It turned out for me, it was easier just to publish a new app on Google, and keep track of the file!

3. NavpointSoftware

NavpointSoftware

Hi Jeff.

Yeah I think Im gonna have to go through the re submission again as can't find the key, think I actually changed it when I was troubleshooting so even if I get the right key it won't work.

It annoys me im gonna have that project on my play console for the rest of eternity....at least until google decide to do a clear up.

But it makes me happy that even the best...in this case you as a Unity employee/moderator have made exactly the same mistake. :)

Regards,
    John