Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

ARFoundation weird artifacts using shader from shader graph library with Post Processing

Discussion in 'Handheld AR' started by Sound-Master, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Sound-Master

Sound-Master

Hello,

I am experiencing a very weird issue in ARFoundation 4.0.0p3.

See video here.

I am using unity 2019.3.13f and I opened the ARFoundation samples master repo. I then installed URP, followed the instrauctions to setup the Forward Renderer and opened shader graph.

I copied this shader from the shader graph sample library repo and applied it to an avatar in my scene. I haven't changed the shader at all.

I then created an empty gameObject and added a Volume component to add the bloom fx. If the fx is active the issue appears, even if the colour properties in the shader are not HDR.

Also, as soon as I disconnect the Normal Unpack node from the normal input on the PBR master, the problem goes away.

The issue manifests itself on older Android devices, like a Pixel 1 for instance, on on iOS (tried iPhone XS and 7) but NOT on my Pixel 4 or my Pixel 3a..

Can anybody tell me what's going on here???

Many thanks

Michele

unityunity