Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ARFoundation reset session do not clean loaded WorldMap

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by quentin_brun, Jun 18, 2020.

1. quentin_brun

quentin_brun

Hi,

In my project I am allowing the user to either load a World map or start from nothing. I am also allowing the user to reset the AR session to start anew. In this case I propose hime again with loading a world map or starting from nothing.

I have noticed that when we load a Worldmap by using the ARKit submodule, in case we call reset to the session, the internal session stay configured with the Worldmap. Is that normal? Is there a way for removing the worldmap from the session? Do anyone have this issue? (Can be seen/tested from the WorldMap sample)

Thanks

jj1991 likes this.
  2. jj1991

jj1991

I have the same issue, in case the worldmap does not relocalize I want to allow the user to start over but after reset the status is still stuck at initializing with the loaded arworldmap

3. jj1991

jj1991

I tried deinitializing the subsystem and re-initializing it (XRGeneralSettings), it runs but is not connected to unity anymore, there is no camera running, but in the logs I see that it's actually running without using the worldmap. I think it somehow loses the reference to unity.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020