Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ARFoundation - Pink screen on device

Discussion in 'AR' started by rayyoung_fingerfood, Sep 10, 2018.

1. rayyoung_fingerfood

rayyoung_fingerfood

When I try to run ARFoundation on android device all I get is a pink screen. I assume this means there is a problem with the material/shader on the ARCameraBackground. I have tried using custom materials and with some of them i can at least see the points and surfaces are rendered so the tracking is running fine but i just get a black background.

I'm wondering if there is some unity rendering setting that causes the camera image to not render properly. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

2. mdurand

mdurand

Hi There-

Does this include when you run the examples from AR Foundation samples repo? https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples

Also, what phone are you using?

-Mike

3. rxmarccall

rxmarccall

Are you using asset bundles by chance? If so make sure you'd built them for the target device you are running on.

4. rayyoung_fingerfood

rayyoung_fingerfood

I have tried this now, it does work when i run the samples from a separate project, but the samples do not work in my working project (same pink screen). This project includes WinMR with HoloToolkit so we can build projects for hololens as well. Maybe there is some required setting for hololens that does not work with the background material?

I'm running on android, galaxy s7.

No, there are no asset bundles.

5. rayyoung_fingerfood

rayyoung_fingerfood

Ok, i have fixed it. The project settings had OpenGLES2 for the Graphics API. Using OpenGLES3 solves the problem.

mdurand likes this.
  6. marjjainal

marjjainal