Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

ARFoundation on android + videoplayer

Discussion in 'ARCore' started by nilsdr, Aug 13, 2018.

1. nilsdr

nilsdr

I tried out AR Foundation a little by placing a plane with a video player in the SampleScene.
    It worked as expected on iOS, but on Android I faced a problem:

The video gets rendered through the camera feed, as seen in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05zsjpsx8fzm925/Screen recording AR Foundation.mp4?dl=0

Trying to render the background image to a new texture only when a new frame is available has the same result.

I'm using Unity version 2018.2.2f1

jondyne likes this.
  2. nilsdr

nilsdr

@timmunity any idea about this? Love the package but this is a dealbreaker for us

jondyne likes this.
  3. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Unity Technologies

rob_ice likes this.
  4. rob_ice

rob_ice

Any update on a fix to this?

5. JDMulti

JDMulti

Is there an update on this?
    For now I'm using Vuforia to get videos in AR working and that works fine.

rob_ice likes this.