Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

ARFoundation now supports LWRP 4.8.0-preview

Discussion in 'Handheld AR' started by jimmya, Jan 18, 2019.

1. steego

steego

For those looking for a workaround for LWRP, I have put up this project https://github.com/StigOlavsen/LightweightARFoundation that works with the latest versions of the Lightweight render pipeline (project uses 5.13). Only tested with ARKit, but I see no reason it shouldn't also work with ARCore.

Blarp and fotalik like this.
  2. fotalik

fotalik

@steego Hi, this is on Android device:
    upload_2019-5-22_12-46-14.png
    Any ideas?)

3. steego

steego

4. fotalik

fotalik

No, there are no errors about shaders. I also tried to update this shader, but it didn't work. I noticed that when I first started the application on my Android device there are no camera permission messages.
    In the editor, the same situation in Play mode:
    upload_2019-5-22_13-10-33.png

5. MartinGebske

MartinGebske

Ok perhaps I'm too tired for all this stuff. There's the issue with the IBeforeRender Interface which lives in a namespace that doesn't exist anymore.... I'm forced to add namespaces until all errors are gone and end up with the
    SetRenderTarget Method... that doesn't exist anymore or takes different arguments.

To be honest... this is very poor. So LWRP is STILL not production ready. I don't expect toying around with the code, keeping my fingers crossed that everything works and getting a punch in the face afterwards.

I've already reported an issue regarding this very silly situation. Hope they'll fix it ASAP.

6. fotalik

fotalik