Search Unity

ARFoundation crashes when changing from AR scene to normal scene

Discussion in 'AR' started by enhawk, Oct 31, 2018.

1. enhawk

enhawk

Only seems to affect iOS devices.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

It's related to this issue. It happens the second time you disable the AR subsystems (this would happen after scene switching a couple of times). The fix is ready and working its way through QA. We should be able to release an update soon.

3. enhawk

enhawk

ah, thanks!

4. enhawk

enhawk

Was there an update on this? It's kind of a showstopper for us as with others commenting in that issue.

When I leave an ARFoundation scene and go back in (game > titlescreen > game) AR flatout stops working and I get a bunch of errors in XCode about planemanager.

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.
    2.   at UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour.StartCoroutine (IEnumerator routine) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    3.   at System.Action`1[T].Invoke (.T obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4.   at System.Action`1[T].Invoke (.T obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5.   at System.Action`1[T].Invoke (.T obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    6.   at UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARSubsystemManager.OnPlaneAdded (PlaneAddedEventArgs eventArgs) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    7.   at System.Action`1[T].Invoke (.T obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    8.   at UnityEngine.Experimental.XR.XRPlaneSubsystem.InvokePlaneAddedEvent (BoundedPlane plane) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    9. (Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  5. nilsdr

nilsdr

I don't think this is related. Are you unregistering from the planeadded event in ondisable?

Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnDisable()
    2.         {
    3.             ARSubsystemManager.planeAdded -= OnPlaneAdded;
    4.         }

6. enhawk

enhawk

thank you! All fixed