Search Unity

ARFoundation & android google play camera permissions

Discussion in 'AR' started by enhawk, Nov 28, 2018.

1. enhawk

enhawk

Seems it doesn’t write this to the manifest for non-development builds, anyone else having the same issue? Google Play throws an error on apk upload. I checked the apk in Android Studio and theres no entry in the Unity generated manifest for android.permission.CAMERA

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

When I decode the manifest generated from the samples, I see

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA"/>

Are you building with ARCore optional or required?

3. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

From this other thread, I think you're talking about the new 2018.3 feature for building app bundles. I haven't tried uploading that to Google Play, but I do see the expected entries in its manifest. Can you confirm/clarify this is what you're looking at?

4. enhawk

enhawk

Is this the "ARCore Supported" setting in PlayerSettings > XR Settings ? I'm not seeing an ARCore optional / required setting in Unity.

On Unity 2018.2

ROBYER1 likes this.
  5. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Hmm, okay, let's back up.

"ARCore Supported" enables support for Google's ARCore SDK for Unity. This is separate from the ARCore package provided by Unity, and you cannot have both at the same time.

The apk manifest will specify whether ARCore is optional or required, which affects who can install the app (you need an ARCore supported device to download an ARCore required app, but anyone can install an AR optional app). See the documentation on how to specify it.

Can you post a screenshot of the build window so I can try to replicate your exact settings? Something like this:
    AndroidBuildSettings.png

And finally, you mentioned
    What is the error?

6. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

7. enhawk

enhawk

Thanks for the reply,

My solution was to add it manually with an extra manifest in the unity project.

Not sure why it wasn't adding. I'm not using ProGuard.

My settings are the same as your's above except Development Build is off because those can't be uploaded to Google Play.

Google Play refuses the APK with the warning "android.permission.CAMERA is missing from the manifest".

The ARCore XR plugin is the only version of ARCore I have in the project.

ROBYER1 likes this.
  8. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Same issue here