Search Unity

ARFoundation - Android bad autofocus

Discussion in 'AR' started by ArturoSerranoCT, Nov 7, 2019.

1. ArturoSerranoCT

ArturoSerranoCT

Hello everyone

I'm trying to use another method to autofocus on Android devices with ARFoundation because the quality is quite bad, tends to get out of focus and move all my virtual objects around and I have not been able to properly modify it.

Honestly I'm surprised to not find anything or more people with my issue as I think the quality is noticeable between ARFoundation and ARCore camera focus on my Android devices, but maybe it has something to do with my Android devices or my application.

Is there any way to achieve the same results of camera focus as ARCore with ARFoundation, any script? Changing the settings on ARCameraBackground doesn't seem to make any difference in overall quality.

Thanks in advance.

DDAAACCC and Butzmann like this.
  2. BBIT-SOLUTIONS

BBIT-SOLUTIONS

Hi @ArturoSerranoCT ,

i know you wrote this a few months ago. But i also face the same issue now, since using ARFoundation version 3.0.1. and trying it on a pixel 2.
    Have also updated ARCore to version 3.0.1

On the same project it actually worked well while it used ARFoundation version 1.1.0-preview.6 and ARCore version 1.0.0.-preview.24

So i think the problem is caused by one of these 2 updated packages.

Also moved project from Unity 2019.2.17 to 2019.3.3, but i guess that should be no problem.

Could you find any solution in the meantime already?

DDAAACCC and Butzmann like this.