Search Unity

ARFoundation 2 image tracking with many ref images and many objects

Discussion in 'AR' started by SpiderJones, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

pwshaw and sroq like this.
  2. Dennisrudolph

Dennisrudolph

I am having the same problem here. Any help would be much appreciated.

pwshaw likes this.
  3. PTW_AR

PTW_AR

I'm really confused, why they haven't included that feature in the first place; image tracking is kinda useless if you cant generate different prefabs for each reference image. Maybe I'm just too spoiled from the ARKit...

Anyway, I followed the little guide by @Skeketor23 ( https://forum.unity.com/threads/arfoundation-and-2d-image-target-tracking.538062/page-3#post-4556173 ), but couldn't make it work.

I simply put my prefabs in the ressources folder and named theme accordingly to their respective image in the referenceImageLibrary.
    Working with the trackableID might be better, but I'm not entirely sure how to use them in that case (are they known a priori? Meaning before building my project?). That would not solve the issue though, I would still face the same problem:
    I can't find a way to assign the prefabs to their respective image. The documentation isn't really helping either in that regard.

(It's hard to tell what's actually going on because of the lack of a remote for the editor.)

pwshaw and sergiovillakramsky like this.
  4. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

I use the reference image name and instantiate a prefab

Code (CSharp):
    1. private void OnTrackedImagesChanged(ARTrackedImagesChangedEventArgs eventArgs)
    2.         {
    3.             for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.added.Count; i++)
    4.             {
    5.                 eventArgs.added[i].referenceImage.name;
    6. // use that to get the gname
    7. }
    8. }
    Here's an example of using the tracked image event -> https://github.com/Unity-Technologi.../ImageTracking/TrackedImageInfoManager.cs#L97

jhocking-bundlar and PTW_AR like this.
  5. drewfjacobs

drewfjacobs

I too am trying to add this functionality.
    So Spider did you end up making your own or amending the Tracked Image Manager? Would you mind posting the whole class? Thanks!

6. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

You should never add code to a framework, you should create classes that encapsulate and adapt the framework. Otherwise you make it impossible to easily update the framework. So yes, I created my own class. My class has a lot of code that is specific to my project so I'm not going to share it. I just added a listener to the event, just like here -> https://github.com/Unity-Technologi.../ImageTracking/TrackedImageInfoManager.cs#L97

Then, iterated over the other Lists like I said.

Another tip, when I instantiate my GameObject, I am adding the ARTrackedImage as the parent.

7. drewfjacobs

drewfjacobs

Thanks, Spider. I am fairly new to C# and OOP as I'm more of a tech artist being tasked with implementing AR in Unity. I'm concurrently going through these tuts: http://rbwhitaker.wikidot.com/c-sharp-tutorials as I try to dev this app. Wish me luck! :D

8. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

Maybe this will work for you ->

Code (CSharp):
    2. private void OnTrackedImagesChanged(ARTrackedImagesChangedEventArgs eventArgs)
    3.         {
    4.             ARTrackedImage trackedImage = null;
    6.             for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.added.Count; i++)
    7.             {
    8.                 trackedImage = eventArgs.added[i];
    9.                 // instantiate AR object, set trackedImage.transform
    10.                 // use a Dictionary, the key could be the trackedImage, or the name of the reference image -> trackedImage.referenceImage.name
    11.                 // the value of the Dictionary is the AR object you instantiate.
    12.             }
    14.             for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.updated.Count; i++)
    15.             {
    16.                 trackedImage = eventArgs.updated[i];
    17.                 if (trackedImage.trackingState == TrackingState.Tracking)
    18.                 //if (trackedImage.trackingState != TrackingState.None)
    19.                 {
    20.                     // set AR object to active, use Dictionary to get AR object based on trackedImage
    21.                     // you can also include TrackingState.Limited by checking for None
    22.                 }
    23.                 else
    24.                 {
    25.                     // set active to false
    26.                 }
    27.             }
    29.             for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.removed.Count; i++)
    30.             {
    31.                 // destroy AR object, or set active to false. Use Dictionary.
    32.             }
    33.         }

9. PTW_AR

PTW_AR

Sorry to dig this thread up over and over, but I think it might be helpful for other people working with ImageTracking in the future:

trackedImage.trackingState (in your example): Does it ever change from "tracking" to "none" for you guys? Although the camera loses the image, the TrackingState remains "tracking" (which is really weird to me).

I managed to instantiate different prefabs for different images quite easily after having the name avialable (referenceImage.name), load them from the resources folder and assign them their respective parent, but they remain active, even though the imageAnchor is nowhere to be found.

Do I misunderstand the concept of the TrackingStates or is it simply buggy?

mtessmann and dnnkeeper like this.
  10. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

use this to deactivate or hide you AR Objects:

Code (CSharp):
    1. for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.removed.Count; i++)
    2.             {
    3.                 // destroy AR object, or set active to false. Use Dictionary.
    4.             }

pwshaw likes this.
  11. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

TrackingState has three states:
    TrackingState.Limited
    TrackingState.None
    TrackingState.Tracking

pwshaw likes this.
  12. PTW_AR

PTW_AR

Thanks for the quick reply! I am aware of the three TrackingStates. Even with your attempt, it doesn't want to work for me (my guess is that it's never changing to the trackingState none (or limited)):

Code (CSharp):
    1. for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.removed.Count; i++)
    2.         {
    3.             trackedImage = eventArgs.removed[i];
    4.             NamePrefab = trackedImage.referenceImage.name;
    5.             TempPrefab = trackedImage.transform.Find(NamePrefab).gameObject;
    6.             Destroy(TempPrefab);
    7.         }

13. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

The code you shared is not using the "updated" List. You are using the "removed" List. So the "none" state not working is irrelevant, right? I have not tested the "none" state, but I do know that for me the "limited" state does work, and that is why I'm ignoring it, because my ARObjects would do strange things if they were visible and the TrackingState was "limited". Also, using Find is cpu intensive. You should store a local reference to your AR GameObject. Use a Dictionary with the referenceImage.name as the key, and the AR GameObject as the value. and maybe there is an issue with how you are trying to find the AR GameObject, are you using the referenceImage.name as the name for your AR GameObject? When you instantiate a Prefab it adds [clone] (or something like that) to the end of the name. Regardless, I recommend that you do not use this approach, use a Dictionary.

14. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  15. PTW_AR

PTW_AR

First of all: Thanks for the idea with the dictionary. For me, this only solved my issue to an extend, because it will only switch to trackingState.limited, if you lay down the device on a table and wait for ~2 seconds (found it out through pure chance with some debug logs). The problem is: only then the prefab.setactive is set to be false. The ARKit directly changes the state directly after losing its ImageAnchor, 2 seconds seem to be quite long (besides the annoying laying down part, which is extremely weird). I assume you didn't have the same experience?

I created a video to further show my problem:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XP4dkKymXubgTILautDcOvTu1eNBtijf

The debug log shows the following:
    "we are in the updateCycle with trackingstate Tracking"
    or
    "we are in the updateCycle with trackingstate!= Tracking"

2nd one only appears after laying down the device. Holding it still without image in the camera view doesnt result in a trackingState change to limited... -.-

Your app looks very clean, good job!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  16. SpiderJones

SpiderJones

Thank you for your compliment. I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand your issue. In my app, when users show the camera the image marker (playing card), the AR object shows, when the card is hidden, the object doesn't show. There are 13 AR objects in my app that show for each type of card. My app works like Vuforia (on iOS only because ARKit tracks moving images while ARCore does not). I am using the approach I shared, and I'm ignoring the "Limited" state. When it's "Tracking" I show the ARObject, when it's "None" or "Limited" I hide it. And I use the "remove" list to hide AR Objects. And it works perfectly. I do not know what else I can do to help you. Good luck!

PTW_AR likes this.
  17. brunno159

brunno159

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using System;
    5. using UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems;
    6. using UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation;
    8. public class ARPerImage : MonoBehaviour
    9. {
    11.             Dictionary<string, GameObject> myPrefabsDictionary =
    12.             new Dictionary<string, GameObject>();
    14.             List<GameObject> o = new List<GameObject>();
    16.     // Start is called before the first frame update
    17.     void Start()
    18.     {
    19.         myPrefabsDictionary.Add("Rafflesia", Resources.Load("Rafflesia") as GameObject);
    20.         myPrefabsDictionary.Add("Logo", Resources.Load("Logo") as GameObject);
    21.         myPrefabsDictionary.Add("QRCode", Resources.Load("QRCode") as GameObject);
    22.     }
    24.     // Update is called once per frame
    25.     void Update()
    26.     {
    28.     }
    30.         private void Awake()
    31.     {
    32.         var arTrackedImageManager = gameObject.GetComponent<ARTrackedImageManager>();
    33.         arTrackedImageManager.trackedImagesChanged += OnTrackedImagesChanged;
    34.     }
    36.     private void OnTrackedImagesChanged(ARTrackedImagesChangedEventArgs eventArgs)
    37.     {
    38.         ARTrackedImage trackedImage = null;
    39.         // Check the new tracked images
    40.         for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.added.Count; i++)
    41.         {
    42.             trackedImage = eventArgs.added[i];
    43.             string imgName = trackedImage.referenceImage.name; // this is the name in the library
    44.             GameObject prefab = myPrefabsDictionary[imgName];
    45.             o.Add( Instantiate(prefab, trackedImage.transform));
    46.         }
    48.         for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.updated.Count; i++)
    49.         {
    50.             trackedImage = eventArgs.updated[i];
    51.             if (trackedImage.trackingState == TrackingState.Tracking)
    52.                 o[i].active=true;
    53.             else
    54.                 o[i].active=false;
    56.         }
    58.         for (int i = 0; i < eventArgs.removed.Count; i++)
    59.         {
    60.                 o[i].active=false;
    62.         }
    63.     }
    65. }
    can anyone help me figure this out? the object is spawning alright, but it keeps active event if i point to another target.....

Edisyo likes this.
  18. PTW_AR

PTW_AR

19. BMythes

BMythes

Hi Bruno,

I tried running your code on my project (changing the Gameobject names in the Dictionary and such to match my own) but I wasn't able to even spawn any objects at all with my images.

I have all the Objects I want to spawn inside a folder named Resources (to be able to use the Resources.Load, but I wasn't able to call the Gameobjects and I can't seem to get a console log when running it on my iOS to check for errors..

I imagine you are using Android but could you give some light to this?

Thank you!

20. jpvanmuijen

jpvanmuijen

I've been struggling with this, but managed to stitch something together (for iOS) using the different topics on this forum.
    I've taken a slightly different approach, using a serialized array to store the connections between image targets and prefabs via the Inspector. I'm actually using GameObjects already in the scene instead of instantiating prefabs from Project, because I want changes in the objects (e.g. animations, user interactions) to stay in tact between tracking sessions, so to speak.

Code (CSharp):
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using System.Collections.Generic;
    4. using UnityEngine;
    5. using UnityEngine.UI;
    6. using UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems;
    7. using UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation;
    9. [System.Serializable]
    10. public class MarkerPrefabs
    11. {
    12.     public string marker;
    13.     public GameObject targetPrefab;
    14. }
    16. public class SwitchPrefab : MonoBehaviour
    17. {
    18.     /* Insepctor array */
    19.     public MarkerPrefabs[] markerPrefabCombos;
    20.     ARTrackedImageManager m_TrackedImageManager;
    22.     void Awake()
    23.     {
    24.         m_TrackedImageManager = GetComponent<ARTrackedImageManager>();
    25.     }
    27.     void OnEnable()
    28.     {
    29.         m_TrackedImageManager.trackedImagesChanged += OnTrackedImagesChanged;
    30.     }
    32.     void OnDisable()
    33.     {
    34.         m_TrackedImageManager.trackedImagesChanged -= OnTrackedImagesChanged;
    35.     }
    37.     private void OnTrackedImagesChanged(ARTrackedImagesChangedEventArgs eventArgs)
    38.     {
    39.         foreach (var trackedImage in eventArgs.updated)
    40.         {
    41.         /* If an image is properly tracked */
    42.         if (trackedImage.trackingState == TrackingState.Tracking) {
    44.                 /* Loop through image/prefab-combo array */
    45.                 for(int i = 0; i < markerPrefabCombos.Length; i++)
    46.                 {
    47.                     /* If trackedImage matches an image in the array */
    48.                     if (markerPrefabCombos[i].marker==trackedImage.referenceImage.name) {
    50.                         /* Set the corresponding prefab to active at the center of the tracked image */                    
    51.                         markerPrefabCombos[i].targetPrefab.SetActive(true);
    52.                         markerPrefabCombos[i].targetPrefab.transform.position = trackedImage.transform.position;
    53.                     }
    54.                 }            
    55.             /* If not properly tracked */
    56.             } else {
    58.                 /* Deactivate all prefabs */
    59.                 for(int i = 0; i < markerPrefabCombos.Length; i++) {
    60.                     markerPrefabCombos[i].targetPrefab.SetActive(false);
    61.                 }
    62.             }
    63.         }
    64.     }
    66. }

viknesh2020 and pwshaw like this.
  21. brewmerang

brewmerang

Thank you jpvanmuijen for sharing this.

Basically, I wanted to make app which shows different 3d animations based on different tracked images. I want to get access to these 3d objects too so that I can do animation/scale/translate etc.

Actually I added this script to ARSessionOrigin Object along with other scripts like ArSessionObject,ArTrackedImageManager and TrackedImageInfoManager. I also added my game objects and set MarkerPrefabCombos with respective tracked imagenames.
    Still I am not able to get gameobject to be spawned on trackedimage.

I am also confused like, is TrackedImagePrefab provided in ArTrackedImageManager also gets added to the scene?

Can you help me to fix this?

Thank you.

22. jpvanmuijen

jpvanmuijen

I can't quite figure out what's wrong in your case, but attached is an image of my setup. Hope this helps.
    In the meantime I've extended my project with an on-marker video player, you can ignore that.

Also, make sure to hide the prefabs in the scene on start, to prevent them from floating around in AR.
    I use the script below on the Markers object in my scene, nothing fancy.

Code (CSharp):
    1. void Start()
    2. {
    3.     foreach( Transform child in transform )
    4.     {
    5.         child.gameObject.SetActive( false );
    6.     }
    7. }

Attached Files:

23. brewmerang

brewmerang

Thank you jpvanmuijen for helping, i will check this and update you

24. cam415

cam415

@jpvanmuijen Thank you! I was able to get this working but it hasn't been consistent. The camera recognizes the first image, sets it's prefab to active then it recognizes the second image, sets the second image prefab to active. After each prefab has been activated, only the second image prefab is able to become active again. Maybe this is only an Android issue? I'm thinking maybe it has to do with how ARCore is handling tracking states? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  25. dnoparker

dnoparker

Did you figure this out?

Edit -
    I changed the second condition to TrackingState.None and it works well!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  26. cam415

cam415

Yup! Changing the first condition to TrackingState.Limited worked for me too.

27. Wash3d

Wash3d

What do you mean the first TrakingState.Limited condition. could you show in the code?

28. cam415

cam415

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEngine.UI;
    5. using UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems;
    6. using UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation;
    8. [System.Serializable]
    9. public class MarkerPrefabs
    10. {
    11.     public string marker;
    12.     public GameObject targetPrefab;
    13. }
    15. public class SwitchPrefabManager : MonoBehaviour
    16. {
    17.     /* Insepctor array */
    18.     public MarkerPrefabs[] markerPrefabCombos;
    19.     ARTrackedImageManager m_TrackedImageManager;
    21.     void Awake()
    22.     {
    23.         Application.targetFrameRate = 60;
    24.         m_TrackedImageManager = GetComponent<ARTrackedImageManager>();
    25.     }
    27.     void OnEnable()
    28.     {
    29.         m_TrackedImageManager.trackedImagesChanged += OnTrackedImagesChanged;
    30.     }
    32.     void OnDisable()
    33.     {
    34.         m_TrackedImageManager.trackedImagesChanged -= OnTrackedImagesChanged;
    35.     }
    37.     private void OnTrackedImagesChanged(ARTrackedImagesChangedEventArgs eventArgs)
    38.     {
    40.             foreach (var trackedImage in eventArgs.updated)
    41.         {
    42.             /* If an image is properly tracked */
    43.             if (trackedImage.trackingState == TrackingState.Tracking || trackedImage.trackingState == TrackingState.Limited)
    44.             {
    46.                 /* Loop through image/prefab-combo array */
    47.                 for (int i = 0; i < markerPrefabCombos.Length; i++)
    48.                 {
    49.                     /* If trackedImage matches an image in the array */
    50.                     if (markerPrefabCombos[i].marker == trackedImage.referenceImage.name)
    51.                     {
    53.                         /* Set the corresponding prefab to active at the center of the tracked image */
    54.                         markerPrefabCombos[i].targetPrefab.SetActive(true);
    55.                         markerPrefabCombos[i].targetPrefab.transform.position = trackedImage.transform.position;
    56.                     }
    58.                 }
    60.                 /* If not properly tracked */
    61.             }
    62.             else if (trackedImage.trackingState == TrackingState.None)
    63.             {
    64.                  //Deactivate all prefabs */
    65.                 for (int i = 0; i < markerPrefabCombos.Length; i++)
    66.                 {
    67.                     markerPrefabCombos[i].targetPrefab.SetActive(false);
    68.                 }
    69.             }
    70.         }
    71.     }
    72. }

29. Wash3d

Wash3d

Thank You! I got it now!

30. Wash3d

Wash3d

I made a Test with the code above. Well, I could be able to track each object with respective imageMark but the every objects that are not tracked remains in the scene...like floating in the air. Any help with that? I´m using AR foundation and Android...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  31. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

Hello,

Here me code to track multi image with multi GameObject. The prefab need ARTrackedImage component to know if you want to remove the object when the tracking is None or Limited.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections.Generic;
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation;
    5. public class MultiImageTracker : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    7.     private ARTrackedImageManager m_trackedImageManager;
    9.     [SerializeField]
    10.     private TrackedPrefab[] prefabToInstantiate;
    12.     private Dictionary<string, GameObject> instanciatePrefab;
    14.     private void Awake()
    15.     {
    16.         m_trackedImageManager = GetComponent<ARTrackedImageManager>();
    17.         instanciatePrefab = new Dictionary<string, GameObject>();
    18.     }
    20.     private void OnEnable()
    21.     {
    22.         m_trackedImageManager.trackedImagesChanged += OnTrackedImageChanged;
    23.     }
    25.     private void OnDisable()
    26.     {
    27.         m_trackedImageManager.trackedImagesChanged -= OnTrackedImageChanged;
    28.     }
    30.     private void OnTrackedImageChanged(ARTrackedImagesChangedEventArgs eventArgs)
    31.     {
    32.         foreach (ARTrackedImage addedImage in eventArgs.added)
    33.         {
    34.             InstantiateGameObject(addedImage);
    35.         }
    37.         foreach (ARTrackedImage updatedImage in eventArgs.updated)
    38.         {
    39.             if(updatedImage.trackingState == UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.TrackingState.Tracking)
    40.             {
    41.                 UpdateTrackingGameObject(updatedImage);
    42.             }
    43.             else if(updatedImage.trackingState == UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.TrackingState.Limited)
    44.             {
    45.                 UpdateLimitedGameObject(updatedImage);
    46.             }
    47.             else
    48.             {
    49.                 UpdateNoneGameObject(updatedImage);
    50.             }
    51.         }
    53.         foreach (ARTrackedImage removedImage in eventArgs.removed)
    54.         {
    55.             DestroyGameObject(removedImage);
    56.         }
    57.     }
    59.     private void InstantiateGameObject(ARTrackedImage addedImage)
    60.     {
    61.         for (int i = 0; i < prefabToInstantiate.Length; i++)
    62.         {
    63.             if (addedImage.referenceImage.name == prefabToInstantiate[i].name)
    64.             {
    65.                 GameObject prefab = Instantiate<GameObject>(prefabToInstantiate[i].prefab, transform.parent);
    66.                 prefab.transform.position = addedImage.transform.position;
    67.                 prefab.transform.rotation = addedImage.transform.rotation;
    69.                 instanciatePrefab.Add(addedImage.referenceImage.name, prefab);
    70.             }
    71.         }
    72.     }
    74.     private void UpdateTrackingGameObject(ARTrackedImage updatedImage)
    75.     {
    77.         for (int i = 0; i < instanciatePrefab.Count; i++)
    78.         {
    79.             if (instanciatePrefab.TryGetValue(updatedImage.referenceImage.name, out GameObject prefab))
    80.             {
    81.                 prefab.transform.position = updatedImage.transform.position;
    82.                 prefab.transform.rotation = updatedImage.transform.rotation;
    83.                 prefab.SetActive(true);
    84.             }
    85.         }
    86.     }
    88.     private void UpdateLimitedGameObject(ARTrackedImage updatedImage)
    89.     {
    90.         for (int i = 0; i < instanciatePrefab.Count; i++)
    91.         {
    92.             if (instanciatePrefab.TryGetValue(updatedImage.referenceImage.name, out GameObject prefab))
    93.             {
    94.                 if(!prefab.GetComponent<ARTrackedImage>().destroyOnRemoval)
    95.                 {
    96.                     prefab.transform.position = updatedImage.transform.position;
    97.                     prefab.transform.rotation = updatedImage.transform.rotation;
    98.                     prefab.SetActive(true);
    99.                 }
    100.                 else
    101.                 {
    102.                     prefab.SetActive(false);
    103.                 }
    105.             }
    106.         }
    107.     }
    109.     private void UpdateNoneGameObject(ARTrackedImage updateImage)
    110.     {
    111.         for(int i = 0; i < instanciatePrefab.Count; i++)
    112.         {
    113.             if(instanciatePrefab.TryGetValue(updateImage.referenceImage.name, out GameObject prefab))
    114.             {
    115.                 prefab.SetActive(false);
    116.             }
    117.         }
    118.     }
    120.     private void DestroyGameObject(ARTrackedImage removedImage)
    121.     {
    122.         for (int i = 0; i < instanciatePrefab.Count; i++)
    123.         {
    124.             if (instanciatePrefab.TryGetValue(removedImage.referenceImage.name, out GameObject prefab))
    125.             {
    126.                 instanciatePrefab.Remove(removedImage.referenceImage.name);
    127.                 Destroy(prefab);
    128.             }
    129.         }
    130.     }
    131. }
    133. [System.Serializable]
    134. public struct TrackedPrefab
    135. {
    136.     public string name;
    137.     public GameObject prefab;
    138. }
    Maybe some improvement can be make.

Best regards,
    Alexis

Sancejas and LPOvalle26 like this.
  32. Wash3d

Wash3d

Thanks a lot Alexis, Worked Like a Sharm! Great Work!

33. mesaurabhsaxena

mesaurabhsaxena

hello,

did you tried this solution with ARTrackedObject?
    Removed not calling.
    Is there anyway to get the trigger when an object gets removed from the scene. Attaching screenshot also

Attached Files:

34. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

I think the removed event is not call (Same think for ImageTracked). May be try to check the Tracking statement in event.uptaded.

Code (CSharp):
    2. if(trackedObject.trackingState == UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.TrackingState.Tracking)
    3. {
    4.                // Do something
    5. }
    6. else if(trackedObject.trackingState == UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.TrackingState.Limited)
    7. {
    8.                 // Do something
    9. }
    10. else
    11. {
    12.                  // Do something
    13. }
    And disable the prefab on TrakingState.Limited.

35. mesaurabhsaxena

mesaurabhsaxena

hello,
    Thank you for the reply. i tried but when i remove the object OntrackedObjectsChanged not getting called. See below the code.

Code (CSharp):
    2. void OnEnable()
    3.     {
    4.         m_TrackedObjectManager.trackedObjectsChanged += OntrackedObjectsChanged;
    6.     }
    8.     void OnDisable()
    9.     {
    10.         Debug.Log("ondisable");
    11.         m_TrackedObjectManager.trackedObjectsChanged -= OntrackedObjectsChanged;
    13.     }
    15.     void UpdateInfo(ARTrackedObject trackedObject)
    16.     {
    17.         Debug.Log(trackedObject.trackingState + "--TTTTTT--");
    19.         if (trackedObject.trackingState == UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.TrackingState.Tracking)
    20.             Debug.Log("TrackingIn...");
    21.         else if (trackedObject.trackingState == UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.TrackingState.Limited)
    22.             Debug.Log("Limited...");
    24.         else
    25.             Debug.Log("Else...");
    27.     }
    28.     void OntrackedObjectsChanged(ARTrackedObjectsChangedEventArgs eventArgs)
    29.     {
    32.         foreach (var trackedObject in eventArgs.updated)
    33.             UpdateInfo(trackedObject);
    35.         foreach (var trackedObject in eventArgs.removed)
    36.             UpdateInfo(trackedObject);
    37.     }

36. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

Hi,

Yes, the eventArgs.removed is never called.

You need to disable your object in:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. else if (trackedObject.trackingState == UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.TrackingState.Limited)
    2.             Debug.Log("Limited...");
    This will be called when your object is not tracked "correctly" (ex: when is not in the scene).

Here some explanations about image tracking but I think it's the same explanations for object tracking.

Best,
    Alexis

37. petitbas

petitbas

As with many others, eventArgs.removed never gets called for me. Can you post details of which version of Unity/ARFoundation you're using?

38. codemaker2015

codemaker2015

39. jiungerich

jiungerich

I downloaded and ran this. Looks basically like it takes the first library of just maps and inserts the other images. Is that correct?

Also, can you explain your ARFoundationSessionStack a bit? Is all of this needed just for a tracked image? I was able to instantiate objects with just the AR Tracked Image Manager, the AR Session, and Ar Session Origin but your version seems to keep the object from floating off much better than that version.

40. jiungerich

jiungerich

Found my answer to the above questions - a lot of my issue was that 2019.2 has some issues with spawning 2D objects as the prefab. Also answered my other question about how the code works by just examining it more - thanks for posting the sample @codemaker2015.

41. carlastreckwall

carlastreckwall

@Alexis-Dev : With your example it works like a charm. Any idea why the axis always stays and the object does not rotate with the tracked image?

42. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

Hi @carlastreckwall,

I don't have this problem... The rotation is update in the script.

What is your devise?

Best,
    Alexis

43. carlastreckwall

carlastreckwall

Yes that was what I thought… I am working unity 2019.4, AR Foundation 3.1.3 and an Iphone XS iOS 13.5.1.

Update: I found the mistake. Apparently my prefab does not rotate as the code suggests, all other prefabs work fine! Thx a lot!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    Alexis-Dev likes this.
  44. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

Great! :)
    When I will have some time, I will rework this code to make it more flexible.

Best,
    Alexis

45. Sancejas

Sancejas

man, i'm brazilian, i was in need of a code like this, you just helped me a lot with this, i made a point of logging in to thank you for that, you are awesome !!!!

46. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

Thanks! :)

47. carlastreckwall

carlastreckwall

Ok I have another question maybe one of you already came across: I want the prefab not to be destroyed when tracking is lost, only when another image tracker is found so they don't overlay. Any ideas guys?

48. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

You need to write your own code to do that.
    When the tracking is lost, the image state is TrackingState.Limited, don't call a function to destroy it.
    Check the image have state equal to TrackingState.Tracking, if it's not relate to your prefab, destroy it and instantiate the other prefab.

Best,
    Alexis

49. Alexis-Dev

Alexis-Dev

50. carlastreckwall

carlastreckwall

@fabisfab: Are you sure the naming is correct? Your reference in MultiImageTracker should be precisely the same names as the images in the ReferenceImageLabrary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.