Search Unity

Question Area Limit

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by atmuc, Jun 2, 2020.

1. atmuc

atmuc

I am using a Pong game to learn ML-Agents. I build my game based on ML-Agents Example Tennis.

I use multiple Pong Area to train faster. I have 100 Areas in my scene. When I have 25 Areas in my scene I get different results. The cumulative result is higher for 25 Areas training. I used both CPU and GPU training, results are similar. While training, CPU is about %30. FPS is around 4 when using 100 Areas, and around 7 when using 25 Areas.

I do not use Update method. I used everything in FixedUpdate method. I use Project Settings Overrides like Tennis examples.

Is it normal to have different results?

How can I decide on the best Area count?

How Can I build and run my game for training? Do I have to play it on Editor for training?

2. kahabal

kahabal

i have the same issue with CPU, not more then 30%, not sure how to overcome it

> How Can I build and run my game for training? Do I have to play it on Editor for training?

From Unity, go to File.. Build Settings... decide on your platform and create an executable file.

then when you want to train from that file, just use

mlagents-learn <trainer-config-file> --env=<env_name> --run-id=<run-identifier>

use the full path or the relative path to your env_name and add the exe file in the env_name

you should find all the infos here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ml-agents/blob/master/docs/Learning-Environment-Executable.md